Ceratopsians In The Wealden

velociraptor

Just as i thought.The earliest were around 110 million,then (as it states in one of my books).

I have found a large (13 inches high,without a dorsal spine) thyreophrian dorsal vertebra.The usual dino's in my locale are Iguanodon,Hylaeosaurus,theropod and sauropod.

It doesn't compare very well with Hylaeosaurus/Polacanthus dorsal vert's.I don't think it is Stegosaur.Quite unlike Iggy,thero and saurpod (which are characterized by their lattice cell structure anyway).The rib facet is large,the centrum higher than long- 6 inches high,only 5 inches length.

Hi all.

I collect fossils in the weald.

Anyone know if any ceratopsian remains have been discovered in this region? Even suspected.

Thanks.

v.doubtful - the oldest ceratopsians known are younger than the Weald deposits + were found in Mongolia / China

I don't have to know an answer. I don't feel frightened by not knowing things; by being lost in a mysterious universe without any purpose — which is the way it really is, as far as I can tell, possibly. It doesn't frighten me. ~ Richard Feynman