Theropod tooth

Fossilrocks

8 hours ago, Fossilrocks said:

What would this theropod tooth be its measure .7"  and its form Two Medicine Formation.

Wait what?!!

7 inches? Or cm?

I agree, we need pictures of the back of the tooth. And  correct size.

Kind regards.

Have seen this tooth too, and was wondering the same thing.. Sadly these are the only two pictures in the listing, gonna be hard to identify with just that.

37 minutes ago, DatFossilBoy said:

Wait what?!!

7 inches? Or cm?

I agree, we need pictures of the back of the tooth. And  correct size.

Kind regards.

0.7"= 0.7 inches

Life started in the ocean. And so did my interest in fossils;).

Could be a raptor tooth. Not an expert but the way it's hooked reminds me of one. @Troodon might be able to help.

Life started in the ocean. And so did my interest in fossils;).

I dont think there is enough here to make a call.  We certainly need a photo of the other side to see the mesial carina (front of the tooth).   The other concern I have is are we looking at a tip of a larger tooth that was broken, cannot tell.  Can you contact the seller for additional photos, other side and a side view.  

What is the seller calling it and what is the locality of the find?

• I found this Informative 1

5 minutes ago, Troodon said:

I dont think there is enough here to make a call.  We certainly need a photo of the other side to see the mesial carina (front of the tooth).   The other concern I have is are we looking at a tip of a larger tooth that was broken, cannot tell.  Can you contact the seller for additional photos, other side and a side view.  

What is the seller calling it?

It's listed as Unidentified Theropod, so guess they don't know either. It ís in the Raptor-section of the site that's selling it though.. you can probably look it up ;)

Not the one asking about ID btw, but was wondering about it too.

59 minutes ago, Laditz said:

It's listed as Unidentified Theropod, so guess they don't know either. It ís in the Raptor-section of the site that's selling it though.. you can probably look it up ;)

Not the one asking about ID btw, but was wondering about it too.

Thanks checked out a few of the standard web sites and found it.  Dont believe its from a raptor and the more I look at the base the more I think its a broken tooth and not complete.   The location given is vague but in the general area of the Two Med..  Im sure he would provide additional photos if asked. 

• I found this Informative 1

10 hours ago, indominus rex said:

0.7"= 0.7 inches

Yes I already knew that thank you.

Didnt realise it was .7 

I am used to 0,7 inches or approx 3/4 of an inch.

Regards

Nice photos. Thanks

I think what you have is the business end of a broken Tyrannosaurid tooth.  Difficult to determine how much is missing.  So you are looking at Gorgosaurus sp.  or Daspletosaurus horneri

• I found this Informative 4