Poc 8-13-09

danielp

Met up at poc this morning with snakekeeper64, makoken, racevw and his son. Here are my better finds for the day. Will post better pics when my gf gets home with the camera. I took these with the cell................Here's some better pics the one to the right is a better one and there are some more down lower.

post-1942-1250202070_thumb.jpg

post-1942-1250218472_thumb.jpg

Dang, Daniel, you make it look like you can just scoop 'em up by the hatfull!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Dang, Daniel, you make it look like you can just scoop 'em up by the hatfull!

If only it was that easy. I'm going to have to get some kneepads after crawling around out there without them. Feels like I took a tenderizer to them.

Nice finds. That tooth next to the coin looks like perfect one.

The knee pads are a must! Last time i was there, i crawled and my knees hurt for days. That gravel/glass is sharp

The knee pads are a must! Last time i was there, i crawled and my knees hurt for days. That gravel/glass is sharp

I think there is almost more glass than gravel down there

Just took care of that prob. Just bought some knee and elbow pads on ebay

YUup im racevw's son and we had a blast out there it was so much fun i found some little teeth and some peices of some big ones.

Nice job Daniel. :) I just talked to Barry and Ken...they're having fun! I hope to get to meet up for a hunt when I come back up there.

We had a geat time today. Daniel's tooth has my vote for find of the day. It's just awesome in person.

I believe everyone found something cool to add to their collection.

We found several old jars/bottles some dating to 1912.

We all did have a great time today!Everybody seemed to find some material to bring home.I have a question about this bottle/amulet.It looks to be sealed and is very heavy for it's size.Has anyone seen this type of item before.Also found a mother of pearl button,but the pics didn't do it any justice.Here are Makoken's and my finds.We are ready to go back again soon!!!!!Thanks Danielp and Racevw and Sheldon for meeting us out there.

post-417-1250221617_thumb.jpgpost-417-1250221598_thumb.jpgpost-417-1250221578_thumb.jpg

We all did have a great time today!Everybody seemed to find some material to bring home.I have a question about this bottle/amulet.It looks to be sealed and is very heavy for it's size.Has anyone seen this type of item before.Also found a mother of pearl button,but the pics didn't do it any justice.Here are Makoken's and my finds.We are ready to go back again soon!!!!!Thanks Danielp and Racevw and Sheldon for meeting us out there.

post-417-1250221617_thumb.jpgpost-417-1250221598_thumb.jpgpost-417-1250221578_thumb.jpg

Let me know what is in that bottle if you get it open. I had a blast today.

Barry, thats an odd looking bottle. You were right when you told me what it looked like ;) is it glass? Almost looks metaly. Take it with ya tomorrow if you guys get out, im gonna try to head over to dallas way in the afternoon. I'll be in ft worth all morning.

Barry, thats an odd looking bottle. You were right when you told me what it looked like ;) is it glass? Almost looks metaly. Take it with ya tomorrow if you guys get out, im gonna try to head over to dallas way in the afternoon. I'll be in ft worth all morning.

Hey Justin,it seems to be metal.The cap is not a screw on type .It appears to be a snap on type cap.Now just how to get the cap off without damaging the piece????

Ok, got the cap off and "SURPRISE" it's an antique lipstick dispenser.No Gold,Secret Microfilm,Cartel Fodder,Gems...just a toss away from a long time ago.

post-417-1250306131_thumb.jpg

Hey Justin,it seems to be metal.The cap is not a screw on type .It appears to be a snap on type cap.Now just how to get the cap off without damaging the piece????

Ok, got the cap off and "SURPRISE" it's an antique lipstick dispenser.No Gold,Secret Microfilm,Cartel Fodder,Gems...just a toss away from a long time ago.

post-417-1250306131_thumb.jpg

Mystery solved I was hoping for gold inside, oh well.

Any silver in its makeup?

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Any silver in its makeup?

Copper! It's popping a 20-21 on my Metal Detector which shows exactly what a penny rings in at.

YUup im racevw's son and we had a blast out there it was so much fun i found some little teeth and some peices of some big ones.

WHAT? No arrowhead Sheldon? Nice finds buddy! Looks like a great trip.