Mosasaur tooth? Plus others

Lone_Wolf

Hi, is it possible to post an enlargement of the last two pictures, they seem to have shrunk, and is it possible that you could state the exact location these were found?

I think the shark tooth is probably a Scapanorhynchus based on the shape of the root and striations. (And assuming that you probably found these in Texas, presumably Waco)

Unfortunately, I do not believe that the rock closed up on the third pic is that of a mosasaur tooth, there seems to be no signs of enamel, with an unnatural shape and a texture more geological than bone-like. I think that this is just a coincidentally-shaped rock.

The big one on the first picture I believe is too a rock. There does appear to be shaped very like a mosasaur paddle bone, but the texture of it is also more geological, and is the same as the rest of the rock. I also think this is just a rock.

The other two items in question I may need larger pictures of the last two pics.

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

Doesn't look like mosasaur tooth, or any kind of fossil to me.

Nothing about this looks like a mosasaur, or a fossil.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Looks to be a rock. No bone or tooth enamel involved. You found a shark tooth, keep looking and something real will eventually come your way. Just not in this piece.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

"Exact location" is not necessary, but a nearby town or county is useful when asking for identifications. I agree with a Scapanorhynchus sp. tooth and suggestively shaped rocks, based on the photos.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Yes I agree,does not seem to be a fossil and teeth do not look like that.

Sorry...

Ps: You can add multiple pictures on the same post instead of creating multiple posts for the pictures. :) 

Regards

7 hours ago, DatFossilBoy said:

Ps: You can add multiple pictures on the same post instead of creating multiple posts for the pictures. :) 

Regards

Topics have been merged.  ;) 

As the others have stated, the only fossil in your pictures is the shark tooth. 

The others are chunks of limestone.

There is no enamel present on your tooth looking rock, as well as no bone material. 

These are mosasaur teeth.

mosasaurus_conodont_2010.jpg

Regards,

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Yup, after looking at several pics online, I agree. Should have done a little more research first before posting it up. Thanks for the info.

Archived