Any relevant Scholarly articles on the evolution of Conifers & Angiosperms?

MeargleSchmeargl

In school, I am doing a phylum project, where we discuss in detail about a certain phylum from the Eukaryotic kingdoms. Desperately wanted to do Arthropoda (as I have collected this quite frequently and am quite fond of them, as you may already know), but we were last to choose due to chance, and Arthropoda was long gone :(

In the end, we were given the plant phylums of Angiosperms and Conifers. I personally came to the agreement that I would research their evolutionary lines, seeing I am passionate in all things paleontology. I know some about the evolutionary line, such as that Conifers first appeared 320 MYA in the Pennsylvanian and Angiosperms came about 125 MYA in the early Cretaceous, but beyond that, I know very little about their evolutionary lines. :headscratch:

Knowing the kinds of incredibly knowledgeable people that come here, TFF was the first place I turned to. Here, I'd like to pool any and all relevant articles. Any contributions are very welcome! :D

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

To narrow Troodon's reference to my pdf library here on TFF, you might also find the section on 'Seed Plants' helpful.  Here's a LINK.  Just scroll down to the sections on conifers and flowering plants.  You might find some useful articles there.

-Joe

• I found this Informative 3

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

• I found this Informative 1

My goal is to leave no stone or fossil unturned.   

See my Arizona Paleontology Guide    link  The best single resource for Arizona paleontology anywhere.