Can use some help with a few IDs

Bone guy

I've been trying to ID all the little fossils on this plate besides the Mioplosus. So far I see two mollusks, a tiny clam, a possible burrow, and a shrimp.  Can someone help me figure out if my observations are correct? Second picture is a close up of the shrimp.

IMG_0807.JPG

IMG_0808.JPG

The "burrow" is natural fracture line, "snail/clam"  is print of coprolite,  "shrimp" is halved coprolite, not sure of the other one.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

I knew I had something that looked like this. I just didn't realize how weak my ID of it was.

Here is what I have. The most similar to what I see in the post in question seems to be associated with these palm leaves. The leaves themselves also have slightly similar features, but I'm thinking it likely gives credence to @ynot 's idea of natural displacement.

Tracey actually found this, but I recognized it and the quarry operator after hurriedly dismissing the idea confirmed the palm leaf ID.

IMG_4600a.jpg

IMG_4602a.jpg

IMG_4604a.jpg

1 hour ago, Rockwood said:

Tracey actually found this,

It just occurred to me that the reason she showed it to me is that she had spotted the little row of bumps that indicated the presence of the fish that was unexposed at the time.

Could the proposed borrow in the original post be the counterpart to such a row of bumps ?

Not meaning to point out the elephant in the room, but that's a real nice looking fish you've got there Brandon.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

It does appear that there is coprolite material (apatite) in the bottom of the the larger pit nest the the fish (first closeup photo). Who ever prepped it must have removed most of it. I have no idea about the others, other than they appear to be trace fossils or imprints of some kind.

I think #2 could be a gastropod with the aperture part of the largest whorl missing. It looks a little too three dimensional to be a fingernail clam, and not solid enough to be a #2.  

5 hours ago, GeschWhat said:

is coprolite material (apatite)

Are you telling us our bones are made of fish poo ? :(

I also really like the fish. :)

#2 does look like a tiny gastropod. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Archived