Charlotte

Hello I'm the newbie. My name is Charlotte. I am trying. Desperately to find someone in Texas that can I'd my fossils. Boy do I think I found the unfound. Bet it's been heard before so not to boar anyone . Have a few questions first . How rare is it to find fossilized embryo? And or how rare is it to find fossils fossilized in rock. With their tissue, like skin, bone , eyes? Please help me to know who to talk to. And or call. I'm positive I've got something historical. Just tried. To contact many different avenues to I'd but to no response or slow response I'm going crazy. Please help. Thank You , Charlotte.

Will attach picture. What about a dinosaurs and a saber tooth tigers head? That's what I see. Can some one point me in the right direction. 

IMG_20180412_133302.jpg

3 hours ago, Charlotte said:

Will attach picture. What about a dinosaurs and a saber tooth tigers head? That's what I see. Can some one point me in the right direction. 

IMG_20180412_133302.jpg

I need a paleontologist. Before I get stolen. 

Edited by Kane
Topic moved to its own thread in Fossil ID

Welcome to the Forum, Charlotte.

First, to your questions:

1. "How rare is it to find fossilized embryo?" - Extremely rare. The process of fossilization does not generally preserve soft tissue details except under very exceptional cases. 

2. "And or how rare is it to find fossils fossilized in rock.With their tissue, like skin, bone , eyes? " - Also extremely rare, with the exception of bone (and some skin textures), which is fairly common to find as fossil remains of vertebrate animals. 

3. "Please help me to know who to talk to. And or call." - A local museum that specializes in natural history is one venue, as would be a local paleontology department at a university. Keep in mind that these are busy people, and it can take some time for them to respond. You could also join a local rock and fossil club in your area. 

The unfortunate news is that what you have pictured here does not appear to be a fossil, so not an embryo, not a dinosaur with soft-tissue preservation, and not a sabre-tooth cat (and it should be noted that dinosaurs and big cats were not contemporaries). I think what you have here is geologic in origin, not biologic. There may be fossils in this rock, but we'd need better pictures, and it is unlikely they are dinosaur fossils.

There are a number of members here from Texas who can provide you with more information about fossils and fossil-collecting sites in your area, and who may see this thread. You may wish to say more about where you are finding these items (perhaps at least down to the county level). Providing location information, and clear pictures in good lighting from a few angles, assists our experts here to identify what you have found. 

• I found this Informative 10

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Agreed, this definitely looks geologic and is not a fossil. Maybe more pictures would be helpful in telling what this is.

Life started in the ocean. And so did my interest in fossils;).

Charlotte...

Welcome to The Fossil Forum!  We have an abundance of members from Texas (including myself) who might be able to help you identify the items in question.  Unfortunately, I'm not seeing anything fossilized in the object you pictured either.  What general area of Texas are you from? I ask this so that I might be able to point you in the right direction for you to get more input.

-Joe

• I found this Informative 1

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

Welcome to the forum from New York!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Hello, and welcome to TFF from Morocco! :)

There are plenty of great fossils to be found in Texas, so better luck next time. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png