A Spanish Trilo Id

MOROPUS

post-62-1203109884_thumb.jpgCan someone help me with this trilo? It`s from the Toledo region,central Spain (Middle Ordovicic).I`ve got a clue, but i`m not sure; could it be an Ectillaenus Giganteus?or another Illaenidae member? Have you got any clue,trilospain?

post-62-1203109884_thumb.jpg

post-62-1203109957_thumb.jpg

I think it's Ectillaenus giganteus.

I have just posted in "Spanish fossils" album (Gallery) images of Ectillaenus giganteus and Illaenus hispanicus, so you can see they look like difference but Rábano, Isabel; Gutiérrez-Marco, Junan C. in their paper:

Revisión del género Ectillaenus SALTER, 1867 (Trilobita, Illaenia) en el Ordovício de la Península Ibérica

said that E. Giganteus (BURMEISTER, 1843). "Illaenus" desmaresti BRONGNIART (sensu Rouault), "I". Lusitanicus SHARPE e "I". Hispanicus VERNEUIL & BARRANDE are the same.

The correct name will be Ectillaenus giganteus.

Both trilobites are from Ciudad Real.

I think it's Ectillaenus giganteus.

I have just posted in "Spanish fossils" album (Gallery) images of Ectillaenus giganteus and Illaenus hispanicus, so you can see they look like difference but Rábano, Isabel; Gutiérrez-Marco, Junan C. in their paper:

Revisión del género Ectillaenus SALTER, 1867 (Trilobita, Illaenia) en el Ordovício de la Península Ibérica

said that E. Giganteus (BURMEISTER, 1843). "Illaenus" desmaresti BRONGNIART (sensu Rouault), "I". Lusitanicus SHARPE e "I". Hispanicus VERNEUIL & BARRANDE are the same.

The correct name will be Ectillaenus giganteus.

Both trilobites are from Ciudad Real.

Thanks! Is that place near Almagro? I`m going to Andalucia, and I will stay a day there.By the way, near were i live there are a lot of Cretaceous echinoids, specially Micraster, Toxaster and some Cidaris members.I will post some pictures :D;)

[

I would like to see your cidaris members.

Of course you know that generous "cidaris" is used only in recient echinoids not in fossils urchins.

Regards