nj ramanessin cretaceous help please reptile and more

brad hinkelman

The first item looks similar to a bear tooth I found from big brook. Can you take a pic of the back side of the tooth? The bear teeth that I have seen have a depression or groove on the back of the canines.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

5 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

The first item looks similar to a bear tooth I found from big brook. Can you take a pic of the back side of the tooth? The bear teeth that I have seen have a depression or groove on the back of the canines.

100_6147.JPG

100_6148.JPG

100_6149.JPG

100_6150.JPG

100_6151.JPG

100_6152.JPG

13 minutes ago, brad hinkelman said:

seems reptile to me

I agree, nice finds btw!

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

This, I think, is a piece of ceramic tile.

~~.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

4 hours ago, brad hinkelman said:

100_6139.JPG

From left to right you have: two non-fossils which are possibly man made, two concretions, and an oddly shaped piece of iron. The texture does not seem right for the last one to be a tooth. The second photo shows the iron-like appearance; it also shows a "basal indentation" that would have been too narrow and deep for most Mosasaur teeth (Croc teeth pretty much never get that large here. If this was a tooth it would be Mosasaur if anything) from here.

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

I'm not a expert but I'm pretty sure this is a tooth......you can see its really worn but indication of enamel at spots

100_6159.JPG

100_6160.JPG

100_6161.JPG

100_6162.JPG

100_6163.JPG

100_6164.JPG

28 minutes ago, josephstrizhak said:

From left to right you have: two non-fossils which are possibly man made, two concretions, and an oddly shaped piece of iron. The texture does not seem right for the last one to be a tooth. The second photo shows the iron-like appearance; it also shows a "basal indentation" that would have been too narrow and deep for most Mosasaur teeth (Croc teeth pretty much never get that large here. If this was a tooth it would be Mosasaur if anything) from here.

I think your right first 3 aren't nothing.....but 4th seems to be and 5th

47 minutes ago, brad hinkelman said:

I think your right first 3 aren't nothing.....but 4th seems to be and 5th

The 5th one does appear to have small growth cracks and facets on the surface. I guess it could possibly be Mosasaurine, but I'd have to personally inspect it to be sure. The 4th thing is definitely a concretion, although it vaguely resembles an Ischyrhiza mira rostral.

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

5 hours ago, Auspex said:

This, I think, is a piece of ceramic tile.

~~.jpg

That would be the smallest tile I have ever seen, but I know what you're talking about.

7 hours ago, josephstrizhak said:

The 4th thing is definitely a concretion, although it vaguely resembles an Ischyrhiza mira rostral.

Maybe a tooth root?

• I found this Informative 2

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Looks like part of a tooth to me 

And the last one is a worn reptile tooth, i think, croc or mosasaur  

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png