Found these fossils

JenniferGuiol

These fossils, amoung a few other, have been sitting in my curio cabinet for decades. My parents were the first homeowners in a brand new subdivision in Mission Viejo in 1967. When the backyard was dug up for a sprinkler system, they found this pair, which look like an egg. They are not matching pieces, I don't believe. They are about 3 1/2 inches long. 

IMG_0760.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

I think those are geod pieces. I don't believe they are fossils. I am an extremely naive amateur though. Just an opinion!

• I found this Informative 1

3 minutes ago, ynot said:

Not fossils or geodes.

Look like concretion in a conglomerate.

Concretions minus the nucleus?

• I found this Informative 2

Although, this one does appear to have a gastropod embedded within.

20180421_195551.png

• I found this Informative 5

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

3 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Although, this one does appear to have a gastropod embedded within.

20180421_195551.png

Good eye!

Thank you so much for everyones input. I am not sure if I am even responding in the correct place, but I appreciate the quick responses. A good eye on the gastropod. Found near the spot of these two pieces were, I guess what is would then say, is larger gastropods.  Fossils are so interesting, I really enjoy this forum also.

• I found this Informative 2

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Hi, Jennifer, and a very warm welcome to TFF from Morocco! :)

I like the little gastropod 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

in addition to the gastropod I see clam shell impressions. One double valved just under the gastropod. The first ones look like the concretions known in some regions as "Indian Paint Pots".

Very interesting info on the clam shell impressions. It seems I see more each time I look. Started reading about "Indian Paint Pots". Thank you everyone! And thank you for the warm welcome from Morocco!

• I found this Informative 1