Kane

After a brief morning hunt yesterday near my house, today was a whole day effort in Lambton County. Part of my purpose was to fill buckets with typical fossils to give to my US collecting comrades, but also as it would be Deb's season opener. :) 

A lot was found, but like I said, those buckets are surprises for some members I will be seeing next weekend. ;) 

Of the stuff I am keeping, 3 pieces stick out...

This Greenops is full, and just a bit buried. I found it within the first five minutes at the site, or about second or third rock I split. It was found wet so I slow-dried it and wrapped it carefully for the drive home. It survived, but will need to be stabilized as there are dangerous cracks running through this rock (not through the bug, though - phew!). 

IMG_4701.JPG

• I found this Informative 4

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

I just thought this was neat. There are interval layers of heavy brach deposits, and these looked almost as though they were carefully arranged. 

IMG_4702.JPG

And, finally, Deb found a complete bug, too. Unfortunately, it is on two faces of the rock. Part of it is buried. I will need to glue these together and perform my first prep in this fashion - a bit nervous about that.

The rest we found were 2/3 partials, and I may have an almost intact roller (read: simply folded over and flattened like a sandwich) in one of the containers. 

Anyway, we had a great time out there. Warm, sunny, spring day. It was great that we both came away with a full trilobite, and that Deb's coincided with her first trip of the season. 

IMG_4703.JPG

Excellent finds, Kane. :) 

Glad you and Deb had a nice day out. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Glad you two had a good time! Can't wait to see the prep work. :popcorn:

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Congrats on a great day out, Kane!  The trilos are amazing, as usual, but that plate of brachiopods is very unique - well done!!!

Thanks, all. :) 

I am gradually restocking my "to prep" pile for rainy days. That second one that will require gluing the halves together will require talking to a few veteran preparators I know to make sure I do it right.

And I think I have enough gift material to go around (I hope). 

Nice finds! 

Look forward to seeing the results after prepping. 

Love the brachiopod plate. :wub:

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png