Mammoth Stand

Ptychodus04

Sometime last year, I stabilized and repaired this mammoth tusk for @StevenJD. At the time, we didn’t land on a way to display the gnarly beast. Believe me, this is in great shape for a central Texas mammoth tusk. 

Steven asked me to sell this piece on his behalf so I made a stand to hold the three big pieces in a roughly life like position.

05A62243-0117-4A54-BF0B-3BE55B5FA35E.thumb.jpeg.761a9640a41c71a16c37a5b35efb719d.jpeg

Nice tusk and stand! I also am liking the ammonites in the background. Quite a collection. 

Why’s he selling :o

Nicely done on the stand, but I wouldn’t expect anything less from you ;)

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

That is a great stand, well done!  

Now if you just added two of your larger ammonites side-by-side above it you’d have a nice one-of-a-kind smiley face:  :)

:ighappy:

Thanks all. The tusk is getting sold b/c he doesn't have room for it. My wife said she wanted it but I don't have room for it either... Unless we remove the couch from the living room!

@Ludwigia, the stand goes with the tusk. :P

Archived