sTamprockcoin

Got out Saturday and checked out a  freshly reworked road Cut here in Blair County PA. If anyone would care to weigh in on ID of what i found I'd be interested. I'm looking forward to poking around here some more. I's most like to know what the round thing (labeled 'C") with the "plate-like" edges is. I know what I'm hoping it is and in reality what it most likely is but any help would be appreciated. Note: this a Devonian, Old Port Formation, Ridegely Member (a very soft coarse sandstone which in this locality is brownish but normally very white.) from Blair County PA. I'm posting some other items from the same spot over in the Pennsylvania Thread.

A Side 1.jpg

A Side 2.jpg

B Side 1.jpg

B Side 2.jpg

C Edge.jpg

C Side 1.jpg

C Side 2.jpg

“Beautiful is what we see. More beautiful is what we understand. Most beautiful is what we do not comprehend.” N. Steno

Nice Brachs! I have no idea what the last item is.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

I saw your post on the PA section, so I'll ID those and these. 

For the PA material:

The first couple of images look like crinoid fragments. 

Three is a Cotispirifer arenosus. 

Four are Platyceras sp. gastropods. 

For this section the first couple of images show what look to be orthid brachiopods. 

I believe the last images are actually pentameurid type brachiopods, possibly Rensselaria sp. Those are very common in the Oriskany Sandstone of Maryland. 

Archived