Would this auxiliary objective lens fit my microscope?

Mediospirifer

I recently received a notification from my employer that, as I have been working for them for 25 years, they were giving me a service award. The website for picking what I want has a lot to choose from, and a search function...

One of the first things I searched for was "Auxiliary Objective Lens". Two possibilities came up....neither of which showed what the thread diameter is. I did a lot of searching online, and my husband made a couple of phone calls to the companies, with the result that we know that one of the lenses won't fit my scope, the other is no longer made, and the person who answered the phone didn't have one available to measure.

Does anyone have a ZM-180 microscope, or the Unico D4-2004 auxiliary objective lens? Can anyone tell me the thread diameter, or if it's compatible with a Bausch & Lomb Stereozoom 4? I know I need a 38mm thread diameter for compatibility.

Any help would be appreciated!

Visit the manufacturers website. They typically have a list of compatible objectives and other hardware. If they dont, they should atleast be able to tell you the thread type.

...I'm back.

Thanks for the congrats, guys! I like my job.

1 hour ago, Raggedy Man said:

Visit the manufacturers website. They typically have a list of compatible objectives and other hardware. If they dont, they should atleast be able to tell you the thread type.

I did. The Unico website doesn't list the diameter (or any compatibility with outside manufacturer's parts), the listings I've seen for my microscope only list B&L, Cambridge, and Leica as compatible (these being the companies that have produced the Stereozoom line of scopes). I've tried contacting the lens manufacturer directly, with no luck. They don't make it any more, as I said above. I didn't get a reply to the email I sent, and the person my husband talked to on the phone didn't know, and didn't have one available to measure. Hence my asking here.

There is someone selling them on EBay; if nobody here can help me out, I'll have to ask the seller to measure one.

Does it seem strange to anyone else that thread size isn't standard information for auxiliary lenses? It appears that the standard is to not include that data!