My own "museum"

Ramo

20 hours ago, Ramo said:

Its in the second photo way back in the corner just past the Ping-Pong table!

:ighappy:

Very nice- love the Smoky Hills chalk fossils and the various stands. You have a very nice display area, wish mine was like that.

34 minutes ago, JohnBrewer said:

Nothing short of WOW!

WO! is short of WOW! :D

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

• 1 month later...

Now that I can use my phone, I may get a little more active on here.

Thought I'd add a few closeups with my phone to see if these are a little better quality.

20180602_204631.jpg

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

Messing with new technology.  Sorry

Edited by Ramo

-Aldo Leopold

19 hours ago, Ramo said:

Now that I can use my phone, I may get a little more active on here.

Thought I'd add a few closeups with my phone to see if these are a little better quality.

20180602_204631.jpg

Pictures are not showing, can You please reload them?

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

• 2 weeks later...
On April 26, 2018 at 5:40 AM, Ramo said:

Sorry about the quality of my photos.  I forgot to change my camera settings.  Let me know if anyone wants a specific photo of anything re-done so it can be seen!

No admission, other than admitting that you might be a weird as I am when it comes to fossils.

My goal is to get everything out where it can be seen and not in storage.  Due to getting my stuff out and going through everything, I have quite a pile of stuff that I need to get rid of.  So although there is no gift shop, anyone that does come by is sure to leave with a bunch of free stuff.

Ramo,

Great stuff, nicely presented.

I was going to say all you need is a gift shop now.  Nobody would blame you if you charged to cover snack money for when the museum was closed and the TV is on.

Jess

Thanks for the comments,  I'm sure other fossil fanatics can appreciate it.

20180620_190312.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

-Aldo Leopold

Look at those mosasaurs! :P I like your wall mount with the brush and other tools, clever display! 

On 4/25/2018 at 6:54 PM, Ramo said:

I wanted to wait for my "Shop" to be completely done before showing it here.   Due to the fact that my oldest child will be graduating high school next month, and my shop will soon be turned in to a graduation party area I have decided to go ahead and show it unfinished. 

I have always loved science museums, so I decided to just make my own in my own yard.  Last summer I put up a 30X50 "pole barn", put in a wood floor and walls, and now I have my own museum.  Almost everything in here was collected by myself or my family.  This collection is 90% Kansas stuff, but the last photo of the rikers and the glass case is what I call my "exotic" section.  All of the stuff there is from other states that I either found myself, or with the aid of fellow Fossil Forum members.  (A bunch of my Texas stuff is from the Waco trip that a lot of members went on many  years ago.) 

There is also a prep room with a window (just like all the cool museums) in the corner.  Its already a mess, but I hope to keep the mess confined to that area!

I still have some work to do, and I doubt it will ever be completely done, but if any of you ever find yourself driving across Kansas I'm only about 20 minutes off of I-70, and if I'm home, you are welcome to stop by.  I may even point you to a spot or two where you can find some of your own fossils around here.

001 (2).JPG  002.JPG 006 (2).JPG 004 (2).JPG

006.JPG 005.JPG 009.JPG 007.JPG

:envy:

I want to have a place like this, too....... 

I love it, congratulations - I'm happy to see that other collectors make their (and mine too :) ) dream come true. If I ever come to the US, I will surely visit your museum! Thanks for sharing :dinothumb:

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Wow. This is awesome !! I do know of an organization that owes you a letter for that wall :)

8 hours ago, fossilsonwheels said:

Wow. This is awesome !! I do know of an organization that owes you a letter for that wall :)

That would be great if you could send me a letter for my wall.  

Here is an X- fish I finally completed that I found last summer.  Too bad both upper and lower jaws washed out before I found it.

20190429_081407.jpg

• I found this Informative 2

-Aldo Leopold

1 hour ago, Ramo said:

Here is an X- fish I finally completed that I found last summer.  Too bad both upper and lower jaws washed out before I found it.

20190429_081407.jpg

We would love to be a part of that wall ! Awesome fish. That is cool

4 hours ago, Ramo said:

20190429_081407.jpg

Even without the jaws, it is still a stellar specimen!

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?