Shellseeker

An excellent and lucky day

Shellseeker

Today I went with 2 friends to a hunting spot that has been productive for months , but was beginning to run out of gravel that one of us had not sifted thru.

Most of the morning we spent seeking gravel, and finding small shark teeth, turtle bone, footpads and spurs,  a few pieces of mammoth tusk, dugong/manatee rib sections, a couple of baracuda teeth, and one !!!! horse tooth. The day did not improve for my friends.  This is actually where LUCK comes in...

We have an excellent hunting spot, all 3 of us are excellent hunters with great techniques, we are digging within 20 feet of each other.

I got hot at noon; We packed up and left 2 hours later. These days are the ones I recall when I'm the one finding little/nothing. IMG_1738Cluster.thumb.jpg.88b00f3b8063f4d9d34842c0c65a7f1d.jpgIMG_1772.thumb.jpg.cb8dad1b2f690939bd5b1f51862bf8fd.jpgIMG_1767Mammoth.jpg.8395a89d8f4045e213b36db6d53a1a46.jpgIMG_1766.thumb.jpg.96e7105ee8f793be0a0ac5b7d01a4339.jpgIMG_1764Mastodon.jpg.bcd7db85b19c6685786955ad8d343e88.jpgIMG_1773BlowupEquus.jpg.d36781cc6f3bc429da75e5049add34ff.jpgIMG_1775BlowupEquus.jpg.3e2418b4dbf55f4cb079de9ab8a5536d.jpg

Given all these fantastic finds, you might ask which I liked best... The juve mastodon spit tooth...versus the 2nd Calippus I have ever found. http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/topic/46940-three-toed/

IMG_1771Calippus.jpg.24993544ab699c1b6c89da561a44fe9a.jpg

I believe that this tooth is Calippus (16.25x19.25x20 mm) but maybe slightly larger than my Calippus Elachistus from May of 2014...

Feeling good, Feeling GOOD and unbelievably LUCKY...

Trevor

Awesome finds! A day to remember!

Darktooth

Fantastic finds! Lucky day indeed!

ynot

Looks like You had a good day, with some good finds.:thumbsu:

What is what?:headscratch: 

Ludwigia
5 hours ago, Shellseeker said:

This is actually where LUCK comes in...

We have an excellent hunting spot, all 3 of us are excellent hunters with great techniques, we are digging within 20 feet of each other.

I got hot at noon; We packed up and left 2 hours later. These days are the ones I recall when I'm the one finding little/nothing.

No other way to describe it. This phenomenon is beyond my understanding, but I'm always thankful when it clicks in for me and my friends are always thankful when it clicks in for them. I won't mention here how my reaction is when the latter is the case :P

WhodamanHD

Awesome finds, glad you had a nice hunt!

nala

Wow! ,that's a very lucky day!congrats

jcbshark

Sweet finds Jack, congrats! If you put in the time digging you’re bound to get lucky :fistbump:

Jeffrey P

Congratulations on an excellent day with multiple extraordinary finds. I especially love the horse material. Thanks for sharing your day with us. 

Auspex

"Luck"?
I prefer Mojo.

Congratulations :)

Tidgy's Dad

Terrific finds! :)

It's weird how sometimes there's nothing and other times you suddenly can't stop finding excellent material. 

Life's good! 

Rowboater

Sometimes it seems we are like addicted gamblers.  Persistently working, very often with no reward, other than the joy of finding something unexpected.   Your finds probably have some monetary value, most of us are only enjoying the moment. 

Great finds!

sixgill pete

Fantastic Jack.

Max-fossils

Really cool finds :envy:

Plantguy

Hey Jack, looks like you done alright! Nice horse tooth! Congrats! Regards, Chris