Horse tooth?

Darko

Zdravo!

Can anyone tell me is this a horse tooth or maybe a bison tooth?

I got this from my friend from the Netherlands.Also species name of this animal?

20180427_172853.jpg

20180427_172826.jpg

20180427_172847.jpg

Cow/bison

• I found this Informative 3

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

22 minutes ago, Jazfossilator said:

I think bison over horse

I'm little confused right now :wacko:

23 minutes ago, Darko said:

I'm little confused right now :wacko:

Sorry bad sentence composition haha, I meant "looks like bison, rather than horse."

Yes, it is bovid, but it can be hard to figure out if it's Cow or Bison. Think they can be identified by looking at the Stylid (the extra "lobe" in the center of your second picture), but i don't dare to guess.

Looking as this tooth is from the Netherlands, most Bison (Wisent) teeth here are found coming from the North-sea deposits and have a darker color from being in the water for a long time.

Just the fact that this tooth is very light-colored makes me put my money on cow.

• I found this Informative 2

45 minutes ago, Jazfossilator said:

Sorry bad sentence composition haha, I meant "looks like bison, rather than horse."

Ohh :dinothumb:

22 minutes ago, Laditz said:

Yes, it is bovid, but it can be hard to figure out if it's Cow or Bison. Think they can be identified by looking at the Stylid (the extra "lobe" in the center of your second picture), but i don't dare to guess.

Looking as this tooth is from the Netherlands, most Bison (Wisent) teeth here are found coming from the North-sea deposits and have a darker color from being in the water for a long time.

Just the fact that this tooth is very light-colored makes me put my money on cow.

Well,that's a possibility!