Kentucky invertebrates

kirkjeremiah23

Couple of fossils found in the fort Knox region. Not too impressive but pretty cool none the  less. Let know what you think.

KIMG0476.JPG

KIMG0476.JPG

Really neat brachiopods! Is that a green snake in the last photo? (Opheodrys vernalis)

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

you can find some Mississippian stuff on the road side going to the fishing lakes

• I found this Informative 1

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Nice brachiopods, then lower down some crinoids stems and finally a not fossil snake. :D

All very nice. 

• I found this Informative 2

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

15 minutes ago, MeargleSchmeargl said:

Really neat brachiopods! Is that a green snake in the last photo? (Opheodrys vernalis)

It is. I about stepped on him walking down a dry creek bed and of course had to pick him up

8 minutes ago, Herb said:

you can find some Mississippian stuff on the road side going to the fishing lakes

Awesome. Going on another hike tommorow hopefully will have some more luck. Any chance to find some trilobites?

Wow, that green snake is awesome. You don't see very many of those anymore it seems like.  Is that a smooth green snake or a rough green snake?

4 minutes ago, Peat Burns said:

Wow, that green snake is awesome. You don't see very many of those anymore it seems like.  Is that a smooth green snake or a rough green snake?

Thanks. It was a rough green snake. I haven't seen one for quite a few years. It was awesome

• I found this Informative 2

I especially like the crinoids pieces all the ones I have found in my area are a lot smaller. Gotta love the snake though!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

2 hours ago, kirkjeremiah23 said:

Awesome. Going on another hike tommorow hopefully will have some more luck. Any chance to find some trilobites?

Not really, sorry

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

Fort Knox, Kentucky eh? Don't suppose you found any loose gold bars while hunting around.

Dorensigbadges.JPG