Mystery tooth and some Meg? fragments

FNG

Hey everyone. This is my first post. I found my first real heart-stopper shark tooth (only 2 inches but beautiful) last week and have had some trouble identifying it. I have seen several that looked almost identical except for the fact that mine has no serrations and it doesn't seem like it ever did. The other teeth in question are just fragments. I think that they are Megs. One of them, however, looks like it had a deep 'U-shaped' root.IMG_20180423_095048.thumb.jpg.731bbd5c8e48e168878ff73954a4db1b.jpgIMG_20180423_095123.thumb.jpg.ef76e0f12615024f15905c0f6b492208.jpg

Welcome to TFF!

Your mystery tooth looks like a lower Carcharodon hastalis tooth.

Can not tell about the others because of the dark image.

Regards,

Tony

• I found this Informative 1

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Thanks Tony. Is it normal for it not to be serrated? I will try to get better light for the frags tomorrow.

Welcome to the forum:D

Of course Ynot hit the nail on the head. You do have at least one meg in the other picture.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Thanks WhodamanHD. Upper left? What do you think about the big one on the lower right? That U-root has me intrigued. I didn't even realize until a few days later that it was a fragment. It was hot.

Thanks Tony. I know. I thought it was an oak leaf. I must have picked up at least a hundred oak leaves. I didn't know that they could be so many different colors....or didn't notice. I saw it and said "here we go again...this is an oak leaf." When I felt that it was solid, my heart stopped. When I took in the mahogany and grey blend...I was absolutely stunned at how beautiful it was. I just stared at it for a good five minutes before securing it.

Beautiful tooth! And from what i can see atleast the two bottom right are probably meg fragments, perhaps top left as well. :Dthough they very well all could be 

8 hours ago, FNG said:

Thanks WhodamanHD. Upper left? What do you think about the big one on the lower right? That U-root has me intrigued. I didn't even realize until a few days later that it was a fragment. It was hot.

Been in that camp, my motto is: “pick up first, ID later”

yes upper left is definitely a Fragalodon, and the lower right is most likely. Has the right shape and it looks to have a bourlette?

Enhanced and brightened:

3E386799-3DF6-417F-B6FD-84B8B9B7CA1A.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Thanks guys. I am usually the same way. I have a backlog of stuff that I've yet to ID. If it looks intriguing or looks like it has enamel....it goes in the bag.