Help Id?

Darko

Zdravo :)

I found this little fella in a Marl stone Quarry of Popovac,i think it's some sort of larvae but i'm not sure.If anyone can tell it would be really nice.

Thanks

20180428_205724.jpg

Too incomplete to tell for certain but looks more like plant matter to me.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

At first, I thought it might be a mineral stain, but it appears to have hes some thickness that displaces the mud.

I can not see any distinguishing features, though, even to hazard a guess as to what it is.

~~.jpg

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

16 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Could it be part of an insect wing?

I don’t see any lines running down it like you would expect, but those could have worn off.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Archived