older the better

IMG_0710.thumb.JPG.1e41b1f5de0e7de8b88822951d6ded11.JPG I Was sorting through some old rocks i had collected when i was young and somewhere i had picked up this tooth. i think it is fossilized ... or just dense... but no animals come immediately to mind. best i can guess it came from south east Kansas somewhere off of the family farm, good chance it came off of a gravel bar there. i don't know why it keeps popping in my head but i keep thinking pig but i really have no reasoning i don't even know what pig teeth look like. anybody recognize it?

sorry I'm still not sure how to post multiple pics it tells me i exceed the limit after each one 

You can post up to 4MB per reply.  By reducing the image size one can increase the number of images included in a post.

Pig Incisor I think, whether it’s a fossil or not is debatable but I would guess not.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Archived