megaholic

Double pulley's right? What else could it be? Keep looking,  I have a nice collection of astragalus bones from several species, none are ever close to this one. The size is the same as a horse. If it is all eroded away, I am sorry to bother you with it. It fools me into thinking it is in good shape, but there are almost no other articulations beside the pulleys. It looks to be scooped out with an ice cream scoop, then refinished! LOL ...

Thanks for your opinion.

009.thumb.JPG.10e6dcbeaf654fffff4129ccdd96db57.JPG

010.thumb.JPG.85ee6309d8189e4578d66fc7caac9a37.JPG

The above image is the side opposite the "pulleys"

011.thumb.JPG.d9b8290660cd8503bcfa9042c87dd1ca.JPG

012.thumb.JPG.5c02d94ee15ddcbca09b17f5aa5d67e2.JPG

013.JPG.9697d953b4b3fdacd168fb4f4d2afe30.JPG

"A man who asks is a fool for five minutes. A man who never asks is a fool for life".

Looks a lot like a sloth digit. Not sure the exact position or species but it is definitely sloth. Harry will be able to tell you more. 

• I found this Informative 2

No wonder I could not find one like it, Thanks...

"A man who asks is a fool for five minutes. A man who never asks is a fool for life".

Thanks to you both.

That is a great find that almost got tossed back in the river! My wife found it, and tossed it to me just in case I wanted it.  She thought it was just a broken piece of scrap bone.  I was not sure, so I kept it to see what we had when it was dry and cleaned up.  

Has to be a lesson in there for sure!

Definitely a cool find, so it's a very good thing that it didn't get thrown back in the river!!! :D 

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

It sure is Max...:raindance: