Therizinosaur egg

Looks real, but almost all of the eggshell's gone.

• I found this Informative 2

Be not ashamed of mistakes and thus make them crimes (Confucius, 551 BC - 479 BC).

What you have there is a cast of an egg, most of the shell is gone.  I would pass since the only reason to purchase one is for the shell

• I found this Informative 4

It would be like buying a beautifully dyed Easter Egg and only going home with the hard boiled part and one piece of shell stuck on the outside.

• I found this Informative 4

I agree, not much shell on there at all, really not worth it, you can pick up a few small bits of shell for next to nothing, if you're going for a whole egg, ensure that it has lots of shell on the outside! :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Do you remember the famous magician and illusionist David Copperfield who managed to make the Statue of Liberty disappear and then managed to reappear?

image.png.52340eb03a1b0fa14621306cd2ab9c9e.png

I learned that David Copperfield toured in Malaysia, and made all the eggshells of dinosaur just disappear. But according to rumors, David Copperfield had to leave quickly from Malaysia, as this time he could not make the eggshells reappear! :(:headscratch::blink:

image.png.b7d64685377dc4daba986f2cf40e9b3c.png

:hearty-laugh:

• I found this Informative 1

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

Yes, it's a real egg.

It's up to you really. What you have there is the internal mold of an egg, with most of the eggshell gone. Some folks would be fine with it, but you better be getting one heck of a deal :)

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

I saw these on the auction site as well. I agree with the rest. They look real, but a whole lot of shell is missing. There were a few different ones, some with a little more shell. These are among the cheaper real eggs I've seen. Clearly they are cheaper cause they are in a bit of a rough shape. But depending on what you're willing to spend, some of these might still be worth it. I'd say just look at the best one and look carefully how much actual shell there still seems to be present. With some cleaning the better ones might still come out fairly decent.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite