A few sharks teeth ID

Jazfossilator

Do you think you could send a profile shot of the teeth? They look like some species of sand tiger shark to me, but I can’t say for sure unless they have that bend in them. Only other thing that they possibly could be is Shortfin mako, but they don’t really have the smaller teeth on the side. Most likely they are sand tiger shark.

22 minutes ago, BigJim2500 said:

Do you think you could send a profile shot of the teeth? They look like some species of sand tiger shark to me, but I can’t say for sure unless they have that bend in them. Only other thing that they possibly could be is Shortfin mako, but they don’t really have the smaller teeth on the side. Most likely they are sand tiger shark.

Sand tiger teeth are my most common find, these don’t quite match the profile I’m familiar with, I will take the photos shortly, thank you for your response

My guess would be Cretaceous Mackerel shark of some sort (possibly Archaeolamna kopingensis).

• I found this Informative 1

I think Scubapro67 is correct with Archaeolamna. But the brown one looks different to me and not sand tiger either...

36 minutes ago, sharko69 said:

I think Scubapro67 is correct with Archaeolamna. But the brown one looks different to me and not sand tiger either...

Yeah the cusps are small serrated segments, I’m not sure what it could be

My first guess on the two smaller, dark teeth was mackeral shark...but I looked around and found some pics of lateral sand tiger teeth that look very much like yours. The tan one (good looking tooth) resembles a mako to me but not sure about the cusps. 

Still have a lot to learn.

8 hours ago, Jazfossilator said:

Yeah the cusps are small serrated segments, I’m not sure what it could be

Carcharias cuspidata frequently has unusual side cusps that can appear serrated.

• I found this Informative 2

6 hours ago, FNG said:

My first guess on the two smaller, dark teeth was mackeral shark...but I looked around and found some pics of lateral sand tiger teeth that look very much like yours. The tan one (good looking tooth) resembles a mako to me but not sure about the cusps. 

Still have a lot to learn.

Same here! Just soaking up as much info as I can, thank you:)

8 minutes ago, Al Dente said:

Carcharias cuspidata frequently has unusual side cusps that can appear serrated.

Appreciate the suggestion, that’s a possibility!