Do I Laugh? Or Cry?

kauffy

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Uhhhhh.... did anyone else catch this:

"This is a video response to Sexy horny lifestyle on TV"

...below the video??? Who is this guy?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest solius symbiosus

Rather than start a new thread, I thought that I would add to this one. Anyway, I found this on ebay today. I'm not for sure of the ID, but it is not Trilobite.

"Trilobite"

I wonder if the price is a typo?

Hahaha well it's cool lookin whatever it is but I hope no one would pay that much for a rock.

Rather than start a new thread, I thought that I would add to this one. Anyway, I found this on ebay today. I'm not for sure of the ID, but it is not Trilobite.

"Trilobite"

I wonder if the price is a typo?

This multi trilobite rock is a super rare specimen of Trilobitus fullofcrappis! HA!! Im not sure either, but it may be a hunk of limestone with some coral in it?

RB

I played a little joke on someone a few years ago with this fossilized "snake". Can anyone guess what it is?

RB

post-171-1205154642_thumb.jpg

Guest solius symbiosus

Some kind of naticid gastropod?

We were at a road cut with our professor once in an entry level Geology class. The professor referred to the verticle round holes cutting across the beds as "rock worm holes"(bore holes for the explosives). One person in the class was amazed that worms that big lived in the rocks. :D

It would be intresting to work on the matrix- I would guess a plant remains, seed pod of some type.

Brent Ashcraft

ashcraft, brent allen

Guest solius symbiosus

I think RJB nailed it.

Perhaps, the title of this thread could be changed to ridiculous finds if kauffy doesn't mind the change.

I think RJB nailed it.

Perhaps, the title of this thread could be changed to ridiculous finds if kauffy doesn't mind the change.

Nope! go ahead, it seems like everyone is finding loads of funny stuff, why not make one thread for it!

Kauffy

"Turn the fear of the unknown into the excitment of possibility!"

We dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.

Guest solius symbiosus
No one from the California Boards will ever forget the Kentucky Fossil Showcase... It's a hoot... :rolleyes:

Walt

I have never seen that site. However, their mission statement says it all. Too, Warren Co, nearly all of south central Ky is populated with morons who believe the Earth is 6000 years old.

Took a bit but i found one. it is a nice peice of teredo wood though. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/BEAUTIFUL-FOSSIL-CORAL...ksid=p1638.m122

Hey Micropterus, that looks very much like tabulate coral to me. I just happen to have some from Idaho that looks very similar to the photos on that ebay post. I can easily see how confusing it can be though.

RB

I remember the Kentucky Fossil Showcase!!! I had forgot about that. What ever happened to the California forum. I remember it saying it would be off line for a while, and it never came back.

For one species to mourn the death of another is a new thing under the sun.
-Aldo Leopold

Yes and if he needs help getting it up and running again I would be glad to help, if thats what he wants to do.