So I could not help myself and just had to sate my curiosity and got one of the "real" looking eggs from our favourite auction site. I took some close up photos. It's pretty heavy. Not resin, can't burn or melt it and doesn't release any smells. 

Any other tests I can do or visual cues? It has a lot of grey-whitish on remaining eggshell and thinking it could be a morter they rubbed on.

Ideas? Advice on tests?

IMG_20180502_235133.jpg

IMG_20180502_235045.jpg

I'm not an "eggspert" but the surface looks strange - i'm missing the typical pores here.

Are there more infos about it ?

Let's see what others will tell...

• I found this Informative 1

Can you take a few close ups of the best part of preserved shell without calcite or matrix on it?

Same reseller as the tread I started yesterday? Perhaps we can finally conclude if these kind of eggs are fakes or not. 

None of the egg doesn't have some calcite or matrix attached I tried to get photos of the clearest parts so... What would be the best way to clean it off without damaging the shell? 

Also these were the sellers photos and yes it's the same sketchy Malaysia seller

Screenshot_20180503-091914.jpg

Screenshot_20180503-091909.jpg

Screenshot_20180503-091902.jpg

Screenshot_20180503-091854.jpg

I think the best way to remove it is with air abrasive (sandblasting).  Short of that, try a toothbrush and water.