Unknown ?

Darko

Hi to all!

Recently i post a content to identify the Wild boar tusk,is it fossil or not...Now the same thing.I found these stuff in my garden where mostly i have found Vinča's pottery and the tusk . I found here a molar ,idk is it a bison or a cow,looks very similar, but i think that it isn't a fossil...It smells a bit...Other bone which i think is from a deer antler is fossilized,it doesn't smell at all. And near by i found,which in my opinion looks like some kind of a hand made blade or something like that but is very sharp.If someone can help me to id the bones or the blade it would help.Thanks.

20180503_155413.jpg

20180503_155418.jpg

20180503_155423.jpg

20180503_155511.jpg

20180503_155516.jpg

20180503_155524.jpg

20180503_155405.jpg

20180503_155358.jpg

I would suggest doing the burn test first , I would suggest I read your entire statement first.lol 

Just now, Malone said:

I would suggest doing the burn test first 

I already done the burn test with the black bone few times and it really doesn't burn or smell.Also with the mollar and he smells,also burns a bit...Maybe it has some sense with the Vinča culture ? @abyssunder

1 minute ago, Darko said:

I already done the burn test with the black bone few times and it really doesn't burn or smell.Also with the mollar and he smells,also burns a bit...Maybe it has some sense with the Vinča culture ? @abyssunder

Yeah I apologize I didn't read your entire statement because the first picture doesn't appear fossilized. The second looks to be possibly fossilized.The third appears to be possibly a pottery fragment or stone. Those are my only observations. Probably doesn't help much.

1 minute ago, Malone said:

Yeah I apologize I didn't read your entire statement because the first picture doesn't appear fossilized. The second looks to be possibly fossilized.The third appears to be possibly a pottery fragment or stone. Those are my only observations. Probably doesn't help much.

Maybe hand made blade from a stone? The second one looks like a deer antler fragment but i'm not sure...I'm looking now on google for some similarities...Thanks again :)

That bottom piece definitely was fractured by someone probably during arrow head making, I call them flakes. Could be from the culture you mentioned. Cool finds

Just now, Jazfossilator said:

That bottom piece definitely was fractured by someone probably during arrow head making, I call them flakes. Could be from the culture you mentioned. Cool finds

I knew it! Thanks @Jazfossilator

1 minute ago, Malone said:

Cool! Congratulations!

Thanks!!!

44 minutes ago, Darko said:

I knew it! Thanks @Jazfossilator

No problem :) this piece looks to me like they were making an arrow head but either a bad fracture or something else made them toss it, it’s neat to wonder.

14 minutes ago, Jazfossilator said:

No problem :) this piece looks to me like they were making an arrow head but either a bad fracture or something else made them toss it, it’s neat to wonder.

Now i'm only wonder about the black bone..Idk is it a deer antler fragment or some other unindentified bone..

17 minutes ago, Darko said:

Now i'm only wonder about the black bone..Idk is it a deer antler fragment or some other unindentified bone..

It looks antler like to me, But I’ve thought that bone was antler before and been wrong! Hopefully someone will come along to confirm.

Darko,

You should always try to identify where the fossils come from  to help identification.

• Your 1st 3 photos are not tusk and are not boar. It is a lower premolar tooth with a stylid, meaning bison or cow.
  • Your next 3 photos could be antler, bone, fossilized wood, or even a fragment of mammoth tooth. I think bone is most likely because of the texture of the 2nd photo of the 3.  Could be antler, but would like to see some curve -- looks flat
  • The last 2 could be percussion flaking... is the material rock? Is the area you hunt known for human tool artifacts?
  • post-23-0-49542100-1430529184.thumb.jpg.7abdc400956860f89e8a5db7a10a9a57.jpg

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

30 minutes ago, Shellseeker said:

Darko,

You should always try to identify where the fossils come from  to help identification.

• Your 1st 3 photos are not tusk and are not boar. It is a lower premolar tooth with a stylid, meaning bison or cow.
  • Your next 3 photos could be antler, bone, fossilized wood, or even a fragment of mammoth tooth. I think bone is most likely because of the texture of the 2nd photo of the 3.  Could be antler, but would like to see some curve -- looks flat
  • The last 2 could be percussion flaking... is the material rock? Is the area you hunt known for human tool artifacts?
  • post-23-0-49542100-1430529184.thumb.jpg.7abdc400956860f89e8a5db7a10a9a57.jpg

First of all,i didn't said that is a wild boar tusk.Yesterday i post about wild boar tusk and u probably didn't saw that.Second i would rather say that is a bone and possibly deer,it isn't a mammoth or a wood ,i see clearly what can be.Maybe is from a deer where the root comes.My area is absolutely known for human artifacts.Maybe u heard about Vinča culture..

20180503_183607.jpg

20180503_183548.jpg

I have found similar material in the Parța Neolithic Sanctuary site (Vinča culture). :)

" The finds strongly suggest a local bull-cult, as bull's horns are present everywhere in the sanctuary,[5] and cattle skulls were placed on a clay platform. " - according to Wikipedia, and I agree with that.

Considering the above, I'm pretty sure you have a Bos tooth there.
The stone is silex, used for arrowheads, scrapers and other objects. I have a little one, also.
The other one might be an artifact made from an antler (Bos, deer, etc) for unknown purposes. It might be a scraper, but that's just a guess.
I have a little antler which reveals grinding / polishing on external surface, and a bone fragment (cut and polished), but I don't know which purposes were they made for.

Nice finds, BTW. :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

1 hour ago, abyssunder said:

I have found similar material in the Parța Neolithic Sanctuary site (Vinča culture). :)

" The finds strongly suggest a local bull-cult, as bull's horns are present everywhere in the sanctuary,[5] and cattle skulls were placed on a clay platform. " - according to Wikipedia, and I agree with that.

Considering the above, I'm pretty sure you have a Bos tooth there.
The stone is silex, used for arrowheads, scrapers and other objects. I have a little one, also.
The other one might be an artifact made from an antler (Bos, deer, etc) for unknown purposes. It might be a scraper, but that's just a guess.
I have a little antler which reveals grinding / polishing on external surface, and a bone fragment (cut and polished), but I don't know which purposes were they made for.

Nice finds, BTW. :)

Thanks @abyssunder:) ! Glad that we have similar stuff :fistbump:

You're welcome! Good stuff! :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

1 hour ago, abyssunder said:

You're welcome! Good stuff! :1-SlapHands_zpsbb015b76:

Thanks! :D I only hope that the bos mollar is from Vinča's time! :D

@abyssunder i want to share this stuff with u :) My mother found this silex stone which i think that is for making arrow heads ...U can see clearly where is broken for making arrow heads.Also, this stone which has been in normal shape but now has flat sides,in my opinion because of the grinding other plant material such as wheat or barley...It clearly shows that the sides have been made by human hand.

20180504_013457.jpg

20180504_013452.jpg

20180504_013435.jpg

45 minutes ago, Darko said:

@abyssunder i want to share this stuff with u :) My mother found this silex stone which i think that is for making arrow heads ...U can see clearly where is broken for making arrow heads.Also, this stone which has been in normal shape but now has flat sides,in my opinion because of the grinding other plant material such as wheat or barley...It clearly shows that the sides have been made by human hand.

20180504_013457.jpg

20180504_013452.jpg

20180504_013435.jpg

I think this may be a core they flake a bunch of bits off of a large rock and leave this, they used the flakes to make arrow heads or other sharp tools. :)

6 hours ago, Jazfossilator said:

I think this may be a core they flake a bunch of bits off of a large rock and leave this, they used the flakes to make arrow heads or other sharp tools. :)

Yeah i know :) but it's still cool

Archived