Is any of those stones a piece of bone?

Kasia

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if any of those stones might be pieces of dinosaur bones (or any bones, in fact). They were found in Romania, in a valley of the river close to Hateg. If anyone replies to my question, I have a request: could you please send me a private message? I'm on holidays and I have limited access to a computer, but I receive messages from TFF on my mobile phone, so I will know whether I should keep the stones or get rid of them :)

Thanks a lot for help :)

IMG_20180504_202044.jpg

Before we all rush in PMing Kasia, what do we think?

Quartzite and calcite pebbles?

Anyone see anything worth keeping? 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

I'm not seeing any bone here. :unsure: 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

55 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

I'm not seeing any bone here. :unsure: 

46 minutes ago, Fruitbat said:

Looks like a form of gypsum called 'satin spar' to me.  Already PMed Kasia to that effect.

-Joe

1 hour ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Before we all rush in PMing Kasia, what do we think?

Quartzite and calcite pebbles?

Anyone see anything worth keeping? 

Thanks a lot for help, guys :)

Kasia

Metamorphosed laminar sandstone-to-quartzite, me thinks.

It should have a hardness of 7.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I'm glad you reached my Country, Kasia. :)

Although the area may show up dinosaur bone fragments, what you have there are rocks transported from the higher levels.

I suppose they are schist, at least the laminar ones.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

If you have enough time, you may visit the "Valea Nandrului" locality area for large gastropods (Acteonella). They are somewhere in that area, as described here .

Go along the river Petac, upstream, and probably you'll find them in the river.

" In 2017 we went again here and climbed up and found a road that climbs up the mountain and there all the rocks, even the stones on the ground contain these snails ... " - as it was stated by the author of the blog.

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

Archived