psittacosaurus skeleton

Looks ok. Left hand looks like it's missing some phalanges, but for the right price that's a cool dino!

One small photo is not nearly enough to judge the authenticity of this. Psittacosaurus skeletons are fairly common but they are also commonly botched, composited or altered in some way. So without more information I wouldn't trust a piece like this. And as Bone guy said, it's missing some phalanges. It's also missing dorsal and cervical ribs.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

I've seen dozens of these type if skeletons at the Tucson fossil show.  Real Psittacosaurus bones and a poorly

composited skeleton, very common.  Your specimen appears to be similar and the skull oversized for the postcranial elements.   Like I said very common occurrence and they are sold like that but most include ribs which are lacking in your skeleton.

Hey Sam, can your seller provide better close-up pictures?

@sseth What do you think of this?

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Let me make a couple of more observations to show how bad this is...but let me qualify that my observations can be distorted by the angle of view.

The right femur is about the same size as the tibia....tibia should be longer around +10% 

The illium is also about the same size as the tibia...illium should be significantly longer around +20%

The right humerus should not be longer than the scapula but smaller

1 hour ago, -Andy- said:

Hey Sam, can your seller provide better close-up pictures?

@sseth What do you think of this?

I am asking for more photos.  The seller had also posted the attached photos of other specimens in matrix.

73E7DD40-A284-40EC-9404-55E8CE5484CB.jpeg

4FAD2FCD-704A-4D92-935A-B2D76329008E.jpeg

783047E6-1BC2-42F2-8A85-AED776DB5F99.jpeg

I cannot comment on the new pictures.  Need much better photos and many more of them with much better definition.

Archived