Pterosaur cervical vertebra?

talon22

Hi, just wondering if this is a pterosaur cervical vertebra (listed as such) since i can't find any similar specimens or references. It is from Morocco (Kem Kem Basin) and is 6.2cm (just under 2 and a half inches).

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

This topic created by @LordTrilobite has had a lot of input and can help, but based on the evidence I would agree it is pterosaur and label it Azhdarchidae indet

• I found this Informative 1

Yes I agree with the rest. This is indeed a cervical vertebra of a Pterosaur. And it does fit with Azhdarchidae. It's not very long, so this is from around the base of the neck. In the middle of the neck the vertebrae are much longer and thinner.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Thanks everyone for confirming it, i appreciate all the help (very excited about the fossil). Can i also ask about this other vertebra listed by the seller as Pterosaur (promise it is the last one). It looks a bit different to the previous one and is a bit smaller at 1.64 inches, could it also be azhdarchid?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Yes, this also seems to be one, but this is one from the middle part of the neck, like LordTrilobite explained before. There are some party missing I think.

That does not look like Azhdarchid to me. I'd say this is a caudal vertebra of some other reptile.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Thanks. So the second one might not be pterosaur? it doesn't look croc, i wonder if it might be turtle?