Making A Pvc Screen

lawooten

Making a PVC Screen

Making sifting screens out of PVC. You use straight sections and elbows of any size depending on the size of the screen you want to make. Attach screens with heavy duty nylon zip ties. Benefits are light weight and they float but you would have to still put those noodles on them because they are not buoyant enough by themselves in the water. Ernie ties a rope to them and his belt when in a creek or river. Oh ya you can also make a stand with PVC in a sort of A frame that you tie ropes to hold your screen and you just shake your screen while it is suspended. To hold the A frame in place you can drill holes through PVC and put ropes with knots so that when you open the stand the knots stop it at the point you want. It folds up for easy storage too. It has worked great in the field and also takes the strain off your back.

post-764-1250464954_thumb.jpg

The best days are spent collecting fossils

Yes that is why we use it and at the end of the day no pain in the back.

I like it and need to add one of those to my arsenal. It also looks like it would be easy to replace the screen if it gets damaged.

I think I might make one of those also. Much better design than the ones I made. Looks great!

Dave Bowen

Collin County, Texas.

Paleontology: The next best thing to time travel.

Ernie loaned out his A frame but I will get you a pic ASAP.