Show us your plastic dinosaur

Bobby Rico

We got this plastic Iguanodon from our last visit to the museum in Brussels.

We put him on a fossil vert from its fossil counterpart in our display cabinet.

IMG_8442.thumb.JPG.dbf8b81229452b63d3fd5c59ba3f0819.JPGIMG_8443.thumb.JPG.0f710ffab27c1a207bd47fccf321ba70.JPG5e21b9763dc2f_IMG_8441(1).thumb.JPG.5cc2549eba3f2da3a76b7cd7f556ed21.JPG

• I found this Informative 4

growing old is mandatory but growing up is optional.

6 minutes ago, Manticocerasman said:

got this plastic Iguanodon from our last visit to the museum in Brussels.

It looks great with your vertebra. It is a fantastic museum and Iguanodon displays is some thing special. Did you keep your tickets I have four now?

DC58C8B8-6161-4C72-8FC8-3BE8F6CCFDC5.jpeg

0D6B535C-453C-48F0-82DC-5E97539604B1.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

It looks great with your vertebra. It is a fantastic museum and Iguanodon displays is some thing special. Did you keep your tickets I have four now?

no, we didn't keep the tickets :P 

The Iguanodon displays in Brussels are indeed realy nice, did you also see the mossasaurs displayed in the lower levels of the museum?

If you ever get back this way let us know, we could take you on a fossil hunt in Belgium :D

• I found this Informative 1

59 minutes ago, Manticocerasman said:

no, we didn't keep the tickets :P 

The Iguanodon displays in Brussels are indeed realy nice, did you also see the mossasaurs displayed in the lower levels of the museum?

If you ever get back this way let us know, we could take you on a fossil hunt in Belgium :D

Thank you I would love too. I do really like Brussels an very enjoyable city. The Mosasaurs hall is pretty impressive too. 

all the best Bobby 

Not sure if this is the place to post this. Soory if it’s not. My wife got this for my birthday this week. It gave me a chuckle but so true. D1C149AB-FD2C-422C-9EF6-047FA2335B79.thumb.jpeg.7c1590117aa49c4e44fd83295f8ce3a7.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3

16 minutes ago, hokietech96 said:

My wife got this for my birthday this week

Happy birthday and that T shirt is brilliant . 

10 hours ago, Manticocerasman said:

I like this idea of putting the plastic counterpart to the fossil. I might have to do that in my display. 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

3 minutes ago, FossilNerd said:

I like this idea of putting the plastic counterpart to the fossil. I might have to do that in my display. 

I think it really brings you fossil collection to life especially if you have visit  that are not familiar with fossils.

5 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

I think it really brings you fossil collection to life especially if you have visit  that are not familiar with fossils.

That’s kinda what I was thinking. It would really set it off, and would help some of my friends who like to look at my collection, but can’t quite visualize the whole animal (or plant...).

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

My wife picked these stamps up at the post office today. 

A68F71F6-6C03-4BFC-95F9-E45F194FF84C.thumb.jpeg.1cf36f5c2927579465b6ebd9db5448f2.jpeg

On 1/17/2020 at 4:13 PM, Bobby Rico said:

I think it really brings your fossil collection to life especially if you have visitors that are not familiar with fossils.

:shakehead:. Everybody that enters my residence is required to have at least 1 year of paleontology courses under their belt...that way maybe they can teach me something! :default_rofl: 

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

1 hour ago, FossilNerd said:

My wife picked these stamps up at the post office today. 

Very nice I remember reading that the stamps was unveiled at the Smithsonian in DC . I will have get some . 

cheers Bobby 

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

Maybe that will keep those darn kids off the lawn!  :heartylaugh:

One of my pitbulls hates that thing. Every time I make it look like it’s walking toward her she wants to shred it. 

On 1/17/2020 at 5:41 AM, Manticocerasman said:

We got this plastic Iguanodon from our last visit to the museum in Brussels.

5e21b9763dc2f_IMG_8441(1).thumb.JPG.5cc2549eba3f2da3a76b7cd7f556ed21.JPG

That's a nice looking Iguanodon model.  Looking at that vertebra, you might get the pieces to fit tighter together if you take it apart, clean the contacts, and then glue it back together.  I do some fossil prep sometimes and that looks like a project I have received many times before.

9FA72875-32B3-4D26-BB56-6BBB1AACA37B.jpeg.a48d35de4e39b0d2de8f9eed3d55c920.jpeg

11 hours ago, siteseer said:

That's a nice looking Iguanodon model.  Looking at that vertebra, you might get the pieces to fit tighter together if you take it apart, clean the contacts, and then glue it back together.  I do some fossil prep sometimes and that looks like a project I have received many times before.

We ‘d rather keep the vert on the matrix :)

1 minute ago, Troodon said:

Santa was good to me

No one was injured in this fight...

Very cool and depicting continuous struggle between predators and their prey: :wub:

@Troodon did you know you can get custom made mini Lego figures. You could get one of yourself with dinosaur T-shirt . The is MrsR and Myself. 

304CAE56-9B5E-4647-A59E-C5FB9360AEB2.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

23 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

@Troodon did you know you can get custom made mini Lego figures. You could get one of yourself with dinosaur T-shirt . The is MrsR and Myself. 

good to know, will add it to my Santa list for next year.  You and your misses look great but your hands are a bit odd :blink: