Show us your plastic dinosaur

Bobby Rico

Gotta do something with all that animal print cloth left over from the '80s.

• I found this Informative 1

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Finally I managed to find and dig out my old dinosaur models from when I was a kid, the first one I ever bought was from the London National history museum, which was the Diplodocus model, I then found the Scelidosaurus and Dimetrodon at the Heights of Abraham at matlock on a school trip, then there was a competition on the back of Weetabix cereal boxes to win stuff, 1st prize was a trip to the National History museum and a large box of dinosaurs, second prize of which I think there was three, was a large box of dinosaurs (which I won :yay-smiley-1: ) and there was third prizes of a single dinosaur, the rest were picked up on family and other school trips.

Sorry for the poor pictures, I had taken them quickly in my museum when I had a spare minute.

DSCN1376.JPG.d30f4444e47d6f0ec9fddd6ad06f5470.JPG

DSCN1377.JPG.fef3c7c79aaf1b0e5a00d00e4c4a5a87.JPG

DSCN1379.JPG.2cd3905847af0e462946f7dc495d8ac6.JPG

• I found this Informative 3

So @Bobby Rico and @rebu inspired me to look up Zdeněk  Burian and look at his beautiful artwork, and then I did something that I pretty much always do...I bought a book! A first edition from 1956 and written in Greman, the book Prehistoric Animals has a new home with me. The dust jacket is pretty beaten up on the spine, but the book itself is in good shape. I’m so excited for this purchase and can not wait to sit down and have a good (and careful) look through it!

04A7F3A5-5BAA-4C04-9F66-A156A578FCE4.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3

On 3/6/2019 at 12:51 PM, thelivingdead531 said:

So @Bobby Rico and @rebu inspired me to look up Zdeněk  Burian and look at his beautiful artwork, and then I did something that I pretty much always do...I bought a book! A first edition from 1956 and written in Czech, the book Prehistoric Animals has a new home with me. The dust jacket is pretty beaten up on the spine, but the book itself is in good shape. I’m so excited for this purchase and can not wait to sit down and have a good (and careful) look through it!

04A7F3A5-5BAA-4C04-9F66-A156A578FCE4.jpeg

Very nice :dinothumb: Augusta and Burian was the best collaboration, very talented and knowledgeable people. Just for info you have a German version not Czech, at least the dust jacket.

Bronson, looking at what's in the background of these pictures, I'd say you are pretty set for an invasion.

Zombie apocalypse perhaps?

20190306_103720.png

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

27 minutes ago, rebu said:

Very nice :dinothumb: Augusta and Burian was the best collaboration, very talented and knowledgeable people. Just for info you have a German version not Czech, at least the dust jacket.

Thank you for the correction! I believe it was sold under the assumption of it being Czech, and I am admittedly ignorant in identifying languages. I will edit my previous post. :dinothumb:

9 minutes ago, thelivingdead531 said:

Thank you for the correction! I believe it was sold under the assumption of it being Czech, and I am admittedly ignorant in identifying languages. I will edit my previous post. :dinothumb:

Pleasure, you have a great book there with amazing ilustrations. I am sure you will enjoy it.

On 3/6/2019 at 1:40 PM, caldigger said:

Bronson, looking at what's in the background of these pictures, I'd say you are pretty set for an invasion.

20190306_103720.png

Yeah lol, I wondered how long it would be before someone noticed :ighappy:  , its my other historic interest.

2 hours ago, aplomado said:

Yeah, awesome guns Bronson!

Deactivated or live?

Both, some are live some are deactivated, but with fully moving parts, UK laws are draconion and odd, you could have 2 identical revolvers, same make, same year, same model and barrel length, the one in say for example .38 S&W you can only own deactivated, if the calibre is .320 you can own it fully working without a licence, its all about what calibre they are over here, some anti tank rifles you can own without a licence fully working (Mauser T Gewehr), some you can own and fire with a licence (Boys/PTRD) and some only own deactivated (PTRS/Lahti L39).

I am happy to show some more pics if you give me a link to where on the forum to put some that wont offend anyone.

1 hour ago, BRONSON said:

I am happy to show some more pics if you give me a link to where on the forum to put some that wont offend anyone.

Or you can PM him pics, that way no one can be offended. ;)

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

On 3/4/2019 at 10:57 AM, BRONSON said:

Finally I managed to find and dig out my old dinosaur models from when I was a kid, the first one I ever bought was from the London National history museum, which was the Diplodocus model, I then found the Scelidosaurus and Dimetrodon at the Heights of Abraham at matlock on a school trip, then there was a competition on the back of Weetabix cereal boxes to win stuff, 1st prize was a trip to the National History museum and a large box of dinosaurs, second prize of which I think there was three, was a large box of dinosaurs (which I won :yay-smiley-1: ) and there was third prizes of a single dinosaur, the rest were picked up on family and other school trips.

Sorry for the poor pictures, I had taken them quickly in my museum when I had a spare minute.

DSCN1376.JPG.d30f4444e47d6f0ec9fddd6ad06f5470.JPG  DSCN1377.JPG.fef3c7c79aaf1b0e5a00d00e4c4a5a87.JPG  DSCN1379.JPG.2cd3905847af0e462946f7dc495d8ac6.JPG

On 3/6/2019 at 1:40 PM, caldigger said:

20190306_103720.png

The hunt season of plastic dinosaurs is open.

theme-celtique.png.bbc4d5765974b5daba0607d157eecfed.png.7c09081f292875c94595c562a862958c.png

"On ne voit bien que par le coeur, l'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux." (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)

"We only well see with the heart, the essential is invisible for the eyes."

In memory of Doren

photo-thumb-12286.jpg.878620deab804c0e4e53f3eab4625b4c.jpg

On 3/6/2019 at 2:11 PM, BRONSON said:

Yeah lol, I wondered how long it would be before someone noticed :ighappy:  , its my other historic interest.

You remind me, I really need to get myself an 03 Springfield haha.

Very nice sauropods!

9 hours ago, CBchiefski said:

You remind me, I really need to get myself an 03 Springfield haha.

Very nice sauropods!

Yeah I have a mint one hiding behind the pistol cabinets, mines only an 1903A3 model but its superb, so the earlier versions must be amazing, probably one of the best 'mauser' action military guns in the world.

On 3/12/2019 at 9:45 AM, Nimravis said:

Every Dino lover with a sweet tooth needs these-

3DD6350C-E413-4230-97DA-B5E66DA08C39.thumb.jpeg.c1ede8aa1170c3771a6407c0afb706b5.jpeg

Your not wrong 

04E79C3F-49A2-4C07-9A62-89E73DF08075.jpeg

On 3/8/2019 at 3:44 PM, BRONSON said:

Both, some are live some are deactivated, but with fully moving parts, UK laws are draconion and odd, you could have 2 identical revolvers, same make, same year, same model and barrel length, the one in say for example .38 S&W you can only own deactivated, if the calibre is .320 you can own it fully working without a licence, its all about what calibre they are over here, some anti tank rifles you can own without a licence fully working (Mauser T Gewehr), some you can own and fire with a licence (Boys/PTRD) and some only own deactivated (PTRS/Lahti L39).

Bronson, why don't you start a historical gun thread in the Members' News & Diversions forum?  It is for non-fossil hobbies.

I would like to see some more pics of the Bren (???) gun!

3 hours ago, aplomado said:

Bronson, why don't you start a historical gun thread in the Members' News & Diversions forum?  It is for non-fossil hobbies.

I would like to see some more pics of the Bren (???) gun!

Yeah sure, give me a short while to sort things out and I will do a list of what I have in my museum.

13 hours ago, BRONSON said:

Yeah sure, give me a short while to sort things out and I will do a list of what I have in my museum.

OH, that sounds good!!!

Just a heads up . I have added a print of a cute little T.rex it is up for auction to support the TFF

Not plastic, just a drawing I came across cleaning my porch this week. I did this for my son about thirty years ago. His room was at the top of the stairs. Not a very good drawing, but at least it's a friendly creature coming for a visit.

5c8e916e5a6f9_dinoonstairs.thumb.jpg.564dceb099b6c174526927c5e1ef7cca.jpg

• I found this Informative 5

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

On 3/17/2019 at 2:32 PM, Pagurus said:

Not plastic, just a drawing I came across cleaning my porch this week. I did this for my son about thirty years ago. His room was at the top of the stairs. Not a very good drawing, but at least it's a friendly creature coming for a visit.

5c8e916e5a6f9_dinoonstairs.thumb.jpg.564dceb099b6c174526927c5e1ef7cca.jpg

There is something about this drawing which I especially like. So cute! It makes me smile! :) 

2 hours ago, Pagurus said:

drawing I came across cleaning my porch this week. I did this for my son about thirty years ago. His room was at the top of the stairs.

I really like your drawing . T.rex is having an early night after overeating,  he had one too many hadrosaurs for his dinner  :D