Show us your plastic dinosaur

Bobby Rico

That's cool! Where did you get it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

:popcorn: John

I had a friend once, but the wheels fell off. Sad, very sad. - Nightwing

On 4/16/2019 at 1:53 PM, MightyPretzel said:

Baby Sinclair from the 90s sitcom Dinosaurs. He is the baby and you gotta love him.

DSC_0016.JPG

Not da mama!

:default_clap2:

I thought his name was 'Baby $29.95 Dinosaur'.

These Converse shoes and this ugly sweater should win the Christmas prize for any worker at a Christmas party.

4EB2266B-5451-4E78-93FA-32B007EBE1F0.thumb.jpeg.326c166ff323102239dc835e24748e43.jpegF2185846-33B2-4AE4-8CE3-1416A552DA6E.thumb.jpeg.bbcd0e594802da3174ce3673afb4cbbb.jpeg

• I found this Informative 4

On 4/4/2019 at 12:42 PM, Nimravis said:

This may not be Dino related, but it is a must for all shark tooth hunters.

@caldigger

C6E6C91E-4539-475C-A9A9-F65F76C15123.thumb.jpeg.0eebeaa05d863968d7c181d57191c279.jpeg

I wouldn't mind that in trilobite print :)

• I found this Informative 1

Our friend Frank @Troodon will like this.  Evidence that T.rex is still with us . A road sign indicating that in Leicestershire there are so many free range T.rexes running amok it has become a road safety issue.

1ED73778-0487-44C0-869B-183DE802A418.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

1 hour ago, Bobby Rico said:

Our friend Frank @Troodon will like this.  Evidence that T.rex is still with us . A road sign indicating that in Leicestershire there are so many free range T.rexes running amok it has become a road safety issue.

Excellent signage at least the locals are prepared.   Always better to be forewarned than suffer the consequences.  YOU NEVER KNOW

On 4/18/2019 at 5:30 AM, Nimravis said:

Doren @caldigger you need one of these hats when you are out in the field digging for shark teeth.

Cool...My buddy would love one of these where can I get one?

1 hour ago, Bobby Rico said:

1ED73778-0487-44C0-869B-183DE802A418.jpeg

Looks like the "Mark of Rico" to me!  Funny how they are only in the county you live in Bobby. ;)

2 hours ago, caldigger said:

Looks like the "Mark of Rico" to me!  Funny how they are only in the county you live in Bobby. ;)

Just a couple of minutes from my house too,  This is why we probably moved to here. :D

On 4/17/2019 at 9:40 PM, Nimravis said:

hese Converse shoes and this ugly sweater should win the Christmas prize for any worker at a Christmas party.

4EB2266B-5451-4E78-93FA-32B007EBE1F0.thumb.jpeg.326c166ff323102239dc835e24748e43.jpeg

When I saw this photo posted, I was seized with a warm nostalgic feeling! I immediately went to that popular auction site to scope out the availability of these wonders. Indeed, I found some for sale from Japan. Unfortunately, the largest size offered was a diminutive 9.5. As the diligent reader will discover, snolly was not in the market for a pair; but was entranced by their availability in adult sizes. Those offered were labeled as "100 anniversary," so it is assumed they are a special edition. To snolly's knowledge they had only been previously available in "boys" sizes.

In the mid 1980s the snollywife had drug hapless snolly to the mall - a hideous fate! However, his demeanor soon brightened as he spotted a pair of colorful dino sneaks on display in a shoe shop window. Dashing inside, he demanded of the proprietor; "My good man, I wish a pair of those wonderful, magic, dino shoes!" The confused shopkeeper did a classic double-take. His head swiveled toward the display window, snapped back to snolly and then repeated the movement. When he regained his wits, he haltingly inquired, "For you?" snolly replied in his usual witty, trenchant manner; "Of course for me, I don't have a rat in my pocket!" Then the clerk broke the harsh news, "Those only come in kids sizes." Crestfallen, snolly slunk from the shop to suffer the rest of the excruciating shopping excursion.

Now the snollywife may have a few faults (like making snolly go to the mall and riding herd on his auction expenditures); however on a whole she has a multitude of talents to compensate. Some weeks later snolly was presented with a package. Inside? A pair of size 11, Converse, Chuck Taylor, high top sneakers - covered with colorful dinosaurs!!!! "How," a grateful snolly stammered, "they don't make them in adult sizes!" The snollywife grinned enigmatically. "I made them." Indeed, she had acquired a pair of plain Chuck Taylors, used dinosaur rubber stamps to apply the images and colored them with indelible markers. She even got a dino lace tag from a neighbor kid. 

I still have those shoes. They have been worn only on special occasions, always with a coat and tie. Christmas, birthday, retirement parties were likely events to bring them out.

snolly has a great wife.

DSCN3381ac.thumb.jpg.d81b96716032e66474b29f355a060f8e.jpg

• I found this Informative 5

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, also are remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. - Douglas Adams, Last Chance to See

7 hours ago, Troodon said:

Cool...My buddy would love one of these where can I get one?

Frank, I will check and if I find the site I will let you know.

6 minutes ago, snolly50 said:

still have those shoes. They have been worn only on special occasions, always with a coat and tie. Christmas, birthday, retirement parties were likely events to bring them out.

Lol- great story. I never owned a pair of Converse shoes and always wanted a pair as a kid, but my parents bought another brand :(

42 minutes ago, snolly50 said:

snolly has a great wife.

Indeed, you do.  :D

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ