Show us your plastic dinosaur

Bobby Rico

I saw this bouncy dinosaur while out shopping this morning. I think it’s rather cute, but do wonder how easily it could burst. :zzzzscratchchin:

45CBE4B2-3F2E-4D98-9CFD-2692D1259D52.jpeg

DA950C4F-B5D4-4799-8E80-B9B1F1254581.jpeg

• I found this Informative 1

On 28/08/2019 at 4:38 AM, siteseer said:

I bought it for maybe $4 in the 80's at a flea market.  

allo.jpg

They are real nice and look quite vintage in design. Goes to show how vast the dinosaurs merchandise market is. It is also sad not one dinosaur has ever profited for there popularity. :D 

cheers Bobby 

ED278639-6345-4B43-B883-E4BFFDD62CE4.jpeg

Did a little more work on it but I think I need to knock back the highs on the model. Looks nice on my shelve . Cheers Bobby 

1 hour ago, BLT said:

I saw this bouncy dinosaur while out shopping this morning. I think it’s rather cute, but do wonder how easily it could burst. :zzzzscratchchin:

45CBE4B2-3F2E-4D98-9CFD-2692D1259D52.jpeg

DA950C4F-B5D4-4799-8E80-B9B1F1254581.jpeg

Thanks for sharing! My son would love this! His very own “long neck” to ride. He would undoubtedly put its burst limit to the test. I’m going to look into getting one of these. :) 

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

4 minutes ago, FossilNerd said:

Thanks for sharing! My son would love this! His very own “long neck” to ride. He would undoubtedly put its burst limit to the test. I’m going to look into getting one of these. :) 

Lol, if you do get one, please let me know how it holds up. My grandson is much too young for one, but I’m tempted to get one to simply use as cute room decor until he is old enough to safely bounce on it. Waiting for a sale.... ;)

26 minutes ago, BLT said:

Lol, if you do get one, please let me know how it holds up. My grandson is much too young for one, but I’m tempted to get one to simply use as cute room decor until he is old enough to safely bounce on it. Waiting for a sale.... ;)

Will do! :dinothumb:

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.  -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't. -Bill Nye (The Science Guy)

I thought I would show displayed the vintage prehistoric toy that  I painted  and made into dioramas. I think they look quite good if I can say that myself. 

85C938B0-ACA2-4A8D-94E4-03602A20AC76.jpeg

• I found this Informative 5

8 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

I thought I would show displayed the vintage prehistoric toy that  I painted  and made into dioramas. I think they look quite good if I can say that myself. 

Love it, Bobby. Very cool.

28 minutes ago, Peat Burns said:

Love it, Bobby. Very cool.

Cheers mate I had duplicates so I thought it would be a fun project. Nice to use toys I had as a kid and make new diorama.

103CDB19-AE00-4553-AEEF-85D4BE2D5318.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Monica said:

Amazing work, @Bobby Rico!  Your fossil shelves are made even more wonderful with your hand-painted toys! :dinothumb:

Thank you . I am pretty pleased with the look of the Pteranodon . I think they do add some interest to the sheaves. Also the little bits of fake greenery on the dioramas is pleasant to look at. I was thinking of making another mammoth and setting it on a slice of mammoth tooth with all the greenery trimmings. I probably give it away or do a competition, I don’t know.

cheers Bobby 

22 hours ago, Bobby Rico said:

Very cool Bobby! They do look very good, and I don’t mind if you do say so yourself. ;) 

I love them. :wub:

5 minutes ago, FossilNerd said:

Very cool Bobby! They do look very good, and I don’t mind if you do say so yourself. ;) 

I love them. :wub:

Cheers mate   :fistbump:

STEGOSAUR FOUND IN CALIFORNIA'S CENTRAL COAST!

While stopping off the side of the road today for an unscheduled delivery, I glanced down and found myself a full grown rare pink Stegosaurus.

Any dino experts out there willing to narrow down the speices? :P

20190905_175941.jpg

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

4 hours ago, caldigger said:

STEGOSAUR FOUND IN CALIFORNIA'S CENTRAL COAST!

One of my dreams is to find an complete Stegosaurus  .  :D

On 9/9/2019 at 7:18 PM, Nimravis said:

4A198CC4-E8BD-447A-926D-F4F70D578673.thumb.jpeg.26267912ebc4e7c76146e0f7ab1cedab.jpeg

I think that jolly old elf has been around for a while.

13 minutes ago, Nimravis said:

Bobby I think you need a set of these.

B70EFD9F-CA72-4ECC-A195-B939B54349E7.thumb.jpeg.f30061b53ed0bf727a3b1c0dfcbc51e1.jpeg

Who's to say he doesn't already have them?  ;)

• I found this Informative 2

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I was going through the loft to find a suitcase and saw a very interesting carrier bag with a tail sticking out of the top.

I opened it up and low and behold it was a bag full of some large puppets from when I was a little kid. In the bag was T. rex, stegosaurus, triceratops and the famous Japanese mythical creature - Godzilla

These must be coming up to 20 years old but are still in great condition. They certainly brought a smile to my face and I don’t think I’ll be letting these go anytime soon 

5126B9AD-6D4F-43F8-8259-893C78E7CBE1.jpeg

• I found this Informative 3

I found these T-Rex skull Halloween candy bowls today at a decor store. They are about a foot long and the mouth can be opened or closed. 

6B4D3560-0DE4-4D9A-89C1-966A0E8D0DFD.thumb.jpeg.fe3fc8cfc65f0117a6bf23ebcec59a06.jpeg

On my way to a skybox for Bears.game,

7DC31239-95DA-4391-8841-97442C1E848B.thumb.jpeg.1ae4b4523541e6548a0371330ea3b80d.jpeg

I saw this metal chair near the Soldiers Field, which is near the Field Museum.

133AA6C2-19E7-4E35-8587-D15F912AE556.thumb.jpeg.6c1d4d7ac455e21fa4d126fffd1151bf.jpeg

Too bad your football games aren't very popular there in Chicago.  There's hardly anybody in the stadium. :o   

Good thing you were able to get in the skybox to afford you some elbow space (and breathing room!).

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

Too bad your football games aren't very popular there in Chicago.  There's hardly anybody in the stadium. :o   

Good thing you were able to get in the skybox to afford you some elbow space (and breathing room!).

You are correct Doren and it was the first and last time I will go. I left the house at 11:15 am and did not get home until a little after 9:00 pm, I hate Chicago traffic especially when it take me 2 1/2 hours to drive 40 miles on a Sunday evening.