jurassic bird fossil bone?

sjaak

I put this before on the FB page but like to try here as well. 

This bone was found in Jurassic sediments in the Boulonnais area in the North of France. The sediments are marine but the sea was not far from the beach and sometimes terrestrial animals (dinosaurs) can be found.

I think it will be difficult to say something about this bone. But it looks so fragile, hollow and almost birdlike (radius/ ulna??). Or am I seeing too much.....? 

Hope you can help me.

2018-04-20 10.52.48.jpg

2018-04-21 20.11.32.jpg

2018-04-29 16.37.01.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

It does have an ulna look to it, and it certainly is very thin-walled.

My guess is that it is from a flying creature (either bird or pterodactyl), but I cannot take it any further.

These deposits are Latest Jurassic, yes?

• I found this Informative 3

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Thank you for your reply Auspex.

Yes, these deposits are upper Jurassic (Oxfordian/ Kimmeridgian).

Scratch ulna; I am seeing more of a tibia aspect to it now. If so, it is decidedly more avian than Pterosaurian.
This could be an important find!

• I found this Informative 4

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

I know basically nothing about birds or Pterosaurs from the upper Jurassic, but it sure does look like it came from a creature that was designed to fly. Whatever it is, nice find! 

Thanks again for your reactions. I hope I can find out some more about avian animals in that period. Auspex, why do you think it's a tibia? I find it hard to get good pictures for comparison.