Winner of the April 2018 Invertebrate / Plant Fossil Of The Month!

Cris

Congratulations! :yay-smiley-1:

You were neck and neck with an equally wonderful specimen for a while, but your find was quite splendid! 

Beautiful fossil. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Congratulations, Tim! 

Great fossil! :) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

@paleoflorAs much as I was hoping to win, the prize went to the fossil that deserved it the most. Would I trade you even up for your find. Of course I would. That verifies that you were the deserving one. Lets compete again next month! 

Mike

6 minutes ago, minnbuckeye said:

Lets compete again next month! 

Mike

Get to swinging that hammer Mike, I want you to find that drool worthy item before he does.

Good luck! :popcorn:

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Get to swinging that hammer Mike, I want you to find that drool worthy item before he does. 

@caldigger, already found that nice isotelus trilobite. Hoping to find better so not entering it yet. I see you are already posted a beautiful tooth in this month's competition. Good luck. It should place high.

Congratulations Tim!  Although it's not a plant (obviously) it's a great find!  :wub: :envy: :wub:

Don

Gorgeous find!!! Congratulations! :yay-smiley-1:

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Congrats !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Thanks to all for the congratulations!

5 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

[...] You were neck and neck with an equally wonderful specimen for a while [...]

Definitely and rightfully so! That Reptaria stolonifera was esthetically very pleasing, a natural work of art. Tough competition.

5 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

As much as I was hoping to win, the prize went to the fossil that deserved it the most. Would I trade you even up for your find. Of course I would. That verifies that you were the deserving one. Lets compete again next month!

Thanks, Mike, and let's! May you find next month's winner.  

5 hours ago, caldigger said:

Haha, well you make no secret of your allegiances...

4 hours ago, FossilDAWG said:

Congratulations Tim! Although it's not a plant (obviously) it's a great find!

Thanks, Don. Must admit that I have mixed feelings about winning the IPFOTM, for the first time, by entering a non-plant fossil for a change, also for the first time. My plant fossil entries never fared this well... In a way winning feels a bit like abandoning my fossil roots (quite literally, haha). On the other hand, I'm exceedingly happy with this arthropod and its election as IPFOTM! Finds like this one do persuade me to broaden my scope a bit...

Searching for green in the dark grey.

A very nice bug indeed! Congrats!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Very nice specimen! Congrats!

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

Even though I didn't win for (is this the fifth time I've entered now...?), it was obvious this bug deserved it. Congrats! :)

Well, just like @paleoflor said, I'll just have to broaden my scope!

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

Go figure...congrats.

:D

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Beautiful piece, congrats on the win:fistbump:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Congratulations! I was biting my nails for awhile on this one when it was so close! But I’m a sucker for horseshoe crabs.

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

Nice squashed bug congratulations.

Mike 

Archived