Jump to content
Shellseeker

Its always Interesting

Recommended Posts

caldigger

Looks as if you hit the lottery of unusual items today Jack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tidgy's Dad

Congratulations! :yay-smiley-1:

So glad you had a great day! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minnbuckeye

NICE!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ynot

Nice and unusual pieces from this trip.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MeargleSchmeargl

Neato!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
WhodamanHD

Nice finds!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fossildude19

Always a treat to see your various finds from the River, Jack!

Thanks for showing us. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nimravis

Nice finds, congrats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ludwigia

Cool stuff, Jack!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darktooth

Good finds! Keep them coming!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jeffrey P

Way to go Jack! Love those Hemis. Congrats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peace river rat

Never know what the peace will yield next. I have a collection of antique (and modern) bullets and casing, I have various antique bottles and melted glass.

 

Nice finds Shell Seeker! PS your hands are always so clean! :)

P1010039.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shellseeker
9 hours ago, Peace river rat said:

Never know what the peace will yield next. I have a collection of antique (and modern) bullets and casing, I have various antique bottles and melted glass.

 

Nice finds Shell Seeker! PS your hands are always so clean! :)

The Peace River cleanses my body and soul. 

You are absolutely right about finding antiques.5af44531744ca_Picture2016.thumb.jpg.e44934e98a17e41f72b38476982192e4.jpgIMG_9592cm.JPG.9c70ea2ee25ecac9bce9d5ef6af7f9d3.JPGEasterSundayDuraglas1958.JPG.9b09b64baf1a859160a6b3053b7f4b39.JPGpost-2220-0-30013000-1446575002_thumbVaselineBottle.jpg.4eb099fdacb193c0aa7e2a766a5f6797.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ToothMan

Very nice finds! I especially like the teeth and sea urchin spine. Thanks for sharing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Peace river rat
5 hours ago, Shellseeker said:

The Peace River cleanses my body and soul. 

You are absolutely right about finding antiques.5af44531744ca_Picture2016.thumb.jpg.e44934e98a17e41f72b38476982192e4.jpgIMG_9592cm.JPG.9c70ea2ee25ecac9bce9d5ef6af7f9d3.JPGEasterSundayDuraglas1958.JPG.9b09b64baf1a859160a6b3053b7f4b39.JPGpost-2220-0-30013000-1446575002_thumbVaselineBottle.jpg.4eb099fdacb193c0aa7e2a766a5f6797.jpg

Nice finds, my oddest find are the end (top) of an old ointment tube (back when they were metallic) It has a hexagon plastic cap with very stylized logo. The metal that it is screwed to says "lambert pharamacal co. It appears to date to about WW2.

 

Here is the kicker, a week later I found an identical one, 10 ft away! What are the odds?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
tatehntr

Urchin spine is very interesting! Is that a positive ID? I've never seen one before. My first thought was that it looks a lot like a ray barb! Thanks for sharing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shellseeker
7 hours ago, tatehntr said:

Urchin spine is very interesting! Is that a positive ID? I've never seen one before. My first thought was that it looks a lot like a ray barb! Thanks for sharing!

Medium positive... but not certain.  You find a couple of different types of urchin spines in the Peace River that are relatively common..  This specific shape is different and the fact that the fossil is crystallized make it somewhat special. I found 4 or 5 of these and this one was most complete..

However, this is the first time I have ever found fossils that look exactly like these.

 

A Ray barb is easily identifiable and different from this find.

Even broken chunks the same size would look different..

Love to have other input, on why THIS urchin spine looks different from other Peace River urchin spines.

FossilForumStingRayBarb.thumb.jpg.5ef2912c7797a8355be84d1932adf8b4.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×