• MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

these are reminiscent of vertebral processes (not for sure)

Here are two unidentified bones that we found. I was hoping that there would be enough intact features to ID them. Any thoughts on these?

5af39427406bb_E18_UnknBone.jpg.b44422f8f17d606e5580a4810d761cf6.jpg

Wow some very cool finds! Love that great white tooth. Nice report, sounds like a very cool place!

Wow some very cool finds! Love that great white tooth. Nice report, sounds like a very cool place!

Okay, Old Bones,

You brought me out of hiding on TFF. Consider that a milestone! I probably haven't logged into my account since some time in 2014!

Congratulations on the impressive haul! It's always a good trip when you find a Dasypus bellus osteoderm (in my book). And I am very proud of your identification on that petrosal; you knew it before sending me the pictures! I agree with one of the posters before me about your mystery enamel piece. It looks like mastodon/gomphothere to me too.

Congrats again, and until next time!

-The Ashbee

11 hours ago, RJB said:

Some very old antlers.  How cool is that!

RB

I know! They are still the same today. There is an animal well adapted to all eras. ;)

12-2023TFFsig.png.193bff42034b9285e960cff49786ba4e.png

11 hours ago, Plax said:
  •  
these are reminiscent of vertebral processes (not for sure)

Here are two unidentified bones that we found. I was hoping that there would be enough intact features to ID them. Any thoughts on these?

Thanks for the suggestion. I can't make it out at all, it's good to have somewhere to start. :)

10 hours ago, ToothMan said:

Thanks ToothMan. It is a wonderful place and finding a GW is always exciting. :)

2 hours ago, TheAshBee said:

Okay, Old Bones,

You brought me out of hiding on TFF. Consider that a milestone! I probably haven't logged into my account since some time in 2014!

Congratulations on the impressive haul! It's always a good trip when you find a Dasypus bellus osteoderm (in my book). And I am very proud of your identification on that petrosal; you knew it before sending me the pictures! I agree with one of the posters before me about your mystery enamel piece. It looks like mastodon/gomphothere to me too.

Congrats again, and until next time!

-The Ashbee

Thank you! And I feel the same way about the Beautiful Armadillo :) I am so tickled that you are proud of my recognizing that petrosal.  I have agreed with Jeff on the mastodon enamel ID. It is fairly obvious once someone says so. lol

Looking forward to next time. :D

They look like my collection of pet gar scales; common in Florida rivers.

Very nice first vert! :bone:

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

Wow! That site certainly does provide a great spectrum of fossils and variety of artifacts to be found. Thanks for posting.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

9 hours ago, MeargleSchmeargl said:

Very nice first vert! :bone:

Thanks. Just wish I knew for sure whose it was.

5 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Wow! That site certainly does provide a great spectrum of fossils and variety of artifacts to be found. Thanks for posting.

I know, it's like a dept. store for fossils! 

Very nice, Julianna!

Just catching up on this topic after being away for a bit. I really love the gnaw marks on that antler. I enjoy a bit of taphonomy with my paleontology.

Cheers.

-Ken

On 5/12/2018 at 11:40 PM, ynot said:

WOW!

That is quite the haul.

And 31 year anniversary!:thumbsu:

Thanks Tony... on both counts ;)

7 hours ago, digit said:

Very nice, Julianna!

Just catching up on this topic after being away for a bit. I really love the gnaw marks on that antler. I enjoy a bit of taphonomy with my paleontology.

Cheers.

-Ken

Thank you, Ken. Me too, it makes a fossil twice as interesting. :)

Archived