keichosaur

Mctapmonkey

Hello,

I have harboured doubts about this one having bought it of ebay over ten years ago.

Its really only its ebay origin that troubles me as it seems to look Ok but I would welcome  any feedback.

WP_20180510_001[1].jpg

WP_20180510_002[1].jpg

Hum.

Interesting piece.

Looks a bit iffy to me... it is very perfect, even and symmetrical.

Some parts look ok. 

Lets see what the experts will say. 

Regards.

Looks real to me. Though I would say there is some touch up paint here and there (skull, wrists, digits). The skull looks a bit iffy, but I can't tell if that's just because much of it has been grinded away, or because there's a calcite vein running through a portion of it, distorting the skull. I'd guess a bit of both. It looks like when this Keich was prepped, much of the skull was ground down and then they tried to touch it up with paint. Either way, this looks to be a real specimen with relatively minor restoration.

Look real to me . I can’t say if the skull is ground down or just has not been completely preserved. I don’t think there is any paint on the skull but really I can only tell by looking at it under a loupe . I am no expert just going by the observation of my specimen. Cheers Bobby

Looks alright to me. I'm not convinced there's any paint at all, although the photos aren't the clearest.

It's a genuine specimen of Keichousaurus.  Acid and mechanically prepped, some details of the skull and skeleton have been lost.  This is rather typical by the way.  I don't think there is any painting based on the photos.

I personally don't see any paint on these photos either. It looks real. But I think the prep is kinda ugly up close.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Archived