So What's Tj's Shark Tooth From?

tracer

tj has found a pretty good number of shark teeth at galveston before, but not one precisely like this. wouldn't hurt for him to know the scientific name of it...

post-488-1250477554_thumb.jpg

post-488-1250477572_thumb.jpg

tj has found a pretty good number of shark teeth at galveston before, but not one precisely like this. wouldn't hurt for him to know the scientific name of it...

post-488-1250477554_thumb.jpg

post-488-1250477572_thumb.jpg

Galeocerdo cuvier.

I have several and thats what I got them marked Galeocerdo Cuvier. Tiger shark

Galveston Island 32 miles long 2 miles wide 134 bars 23 liquor stores any questions?

Evolution is Chimp Change.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass; it's about learning to dance in the rain!

"I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen." Ernest Hemingway

Nice tooth TJ! Those are my favorite ones to find at the beach. I got to get down there and hunt. Never know where there might be a mammoth tooth waiting for me ;)

thanks everyone. ever since Ike all i've really found was little lemon shark teeth. i found one bull shark along with the tiger, but the root was missing. i really like the tiger though :)

I have found a few of these, and I always identified them based off of this pic on elasmo

ds1212g07-web.jpg

Which is labeled as Galeocerdo Mayumbensis and is grouped with g. aduncus

The main distinction between the g. cuvier and g mayumbensis that I can postulate based off of the pics on elasmo are that the root of the curvier seems a lot bulkier, while the the one TJ found seems to have a root that is of the same thickness as the rest of the tooth.