Stroke Crabs #2

RJB

Thanks guys.  Ive got another 3 1/2 hours into this thing today.  Found me a 5th leg which reeeeeeealy made my day.  Removed lots of rock to start 3-d'ing this thing and its starting to look purty dang good!  Ive put the last photo and todays photo side by side so that its easier to see the difference. 

RB

Strokecrab#2B.JPG

Strokecrab2C.JPG

The new leg is a good one too, and the right claw is coming along very nicely. :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

It is impressive how something starts out looking like hell, when you first get going on it, then gradually comes into focus as it were, and looking splendid.

Has anyone noticed a tippy tippy coming through the pincers of the right claw?  Unfortunatley, that leg is real deep and more than likely stacked underneat the arm.  Still, purty dang cool just to have that tippy tippy.

RB

Very tired right now, but got just a tad over 4 hours into this thing today.  You can see I found a 6th leg, but there is actually all 8.  You can see the tippy tippy's of the front legs around the claws.  Still got about 3 or 4 hours to go to finish this up. Taking longer than I thought, but turning out purty dang good!  Here are pictures of last prep and todays prep.  Im happy.  :)

RB

Strokecrab#2C.JPG

Strokecrab#2D.JPG

Stunning preparation. Congratulations it is very beautiful. All the best Bobby 

Thank you one and all.  Im gunna try and get this done, but other stuff keeps gettin in the way.

RB

Well, amazes me how I underestimate prep time!  Ive got another 3.5 hours into this and still have a ways to go.  I finished up the rock smoothing and filled in some of the bad areas with some 2 part epoxy putty.  Gots to do some work on those areas of putty and then a tad bit of acrylic work and I should be ready for some fossil sauce.  When i first started prepping this thing I knew i was not going to keep it!!!  Now, I know im going to keep it for sure!!!   This one is turning out to be purty dang nice crab!!!

RB

Strokecrab#2E.JPG

Just now, RJB said:

Well, amazes me how I underestimate prep time!  Ive got another 3.5 hours into this and still have a ways to go.  I finished up the rock smoothing and filled in some of the bad areas with some 2 part epoxy putty.  Gots to do some work on those areas of putty and then a tad bit of acrylic work and I should be ready for some fossil sauce.  When i first started prepping this thing I knew i was not going to keep it!!!  Now, I know im going to keep it for sure!!!   This one is turning out to be purty dang nice crab!!!

RB

Strokecrab#2E.JPG

Yes, it's turning into a beauty, sure enough! :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

What a nice crab! Looks like you found on the shore yesterday!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

@RJB that's a gorgeous crab. Please tell me this isn't the one you were going to sell to me, because I would be super jealous if it was. That's a beauty.

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Thanks fella's.  got one more prep session and this little beauty will be done. 

RB

Yeah another beauty, but I BELIEVE all the legs are in there.  Needs some more exploration....ha ha.   NICE

Archived