Keichousaurus UPDATE

BonuFrailman

Morning guys!

Weeks back I impulse bought a Keichousaurus and posted it here. Many of you guys said it was real with touch ups. Now that I’ve got it in the mail, I’m posting pics down below. I apologize if some come out blurry as my phone’s camera is awful.

153B4C43-ED9A-4D93-89CD-34FA6DBC4D28.jpeg

38131B3B-71DE-4ACE-8ABC-F19A34357E9B.jpeg

Photos aren't clear enough to make out any details.  :unsure: 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Looks nice, glad you're happy with it. :)

If you've got a 10x magnification jeweller's loupe, or the like you can look at it or photograph it through that. 

It should then be easy to spot any painted bits. 

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

28 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

I like it . Little ones are cute. :dinothumb:

Thanks! Does it look real though?

14 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Photos aren't clear enough to make out any details.  :unsure: 

I know I’m very sorry! My phone camera is awful!

4 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Looks nice, glad you're happy with it. :)

If you've got a 10x magnification jeweller's loupe, or the like you can look at it or photograph it through that. 

It should then be easy to spot any painted bits. 

I’ll see if I can buy one soon and I’ll make sure to take some pics with that.:ank:

You need pictures in focus and in good light sorry can’t say :)

Hard to comment on authenticity without sharp closeup pictures.  If you plan to post in the future you may want to invest in a point and shoot camera to obtain closeups. Inexpensive investment versus buying fake fossils

• I found this Informative 3

11 minutes ago, BonuFrailman said:

I’ll see if I can buy one soon and I’ll make sure to take some pics with that.:ank:

You can get clip on lenses for your phone works great. I have one very low cost. 

CC46EE51-2749-4BDA-9C96-31092C47AED0.jpeg

FFB9AFA5-392F-4165-BF74-8BD4C21B58F9.jpeg

This ammonite about 5mm

11 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

You can get clip on lenses for your phone works great. I have one very low cost. 

This ammonite about 5mm

Question if your phone camera is bad to begin with, in taking pictures is anything going to help.   Garbage in Garbage out?

5 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Question if your phone camera is bad to begin with, in taking pictures is anything going to help.   Garbage in Garbage out?

Your not wrong . safer bet is point and shoot. They are cheep now too.

1 hour ago, BonuFrailman said:

. I apologize if some come out blurry as my phone’s camera is awful.

It will help to improve the pictures if You do not hold the piece in hand while taking the picture. It will also help to take the picture in direct sunlight. It also helps if You can brace Your arm while taking the picture.

So, place the piece on a solid surface in the sunlight with a plane background to take the pictures.

• I found this Informative 3

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

12 hours ago, ynot said:

It will help to improve the pictures if You do not hold the piece in hand while taking the picture. It will also help to take the picture in direct sunlight. It also helps if You can brace Your arm while taking the picture.

So, place the piece on a solid surface in the sunlight with a plane background to take the pictures.

Yes . you can see his finger tips in the picture so I think his camera has focused on them leaving the fossil out of focus too.

• I found this Informative 2

1 hour ago, Troodon said:

It’s often down to the ability of phone cameras close focussing, bad light, slow shutter &c. These close up attachments really are great but good light is needed which also helps with camera shake due to shorter shutter speeds. I know you know that Frank, just info for the OP and others that don’t know. :) 

• I found this Informative 2