Museu Geológico de Lisboa

Masp

This was possibly the most impressive museum I’ve ever been to.  I thought I would only be there 15 minutes tops...until you find all of the specimens that are waiting for you inside. 2 hours fly by in a blink of an eye...awesome experience. 

50D44574-AF35-42BE-9D80-B9CCF9B3C9AA.jpeg

6EE2E540-C21C-4C5C-BC4C-4D3DDF210FC8.jpeg

836C67B4-FBA8-48CD-B00E-E488C9D02A68.jpeg

279553C3-87D3-49DC-A469-8E40DF5C3A08.jpeg

It may seem like a lot but there are so many other things to see... in terms of quantity and quality 10/10. Please make the visit :dinothumb::bone:

Very nice thanks for posting.  Are most of the Dinosaur related items from the Iberian peninsula

Awesome items on display! Thanks for sharing this with us!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

On 13/05/2018 at 12:14 AM, Masp said:

@Troodon thank you! I would say 90% of them are. 

All those Dinosaur fossils are from portuguese litoral region (specially from Lourinhã Fm) and all mammal and croc fossils from Lisbon Miocene (most outcrops under concrete and asphalt now).

Regards

Am I right in saying that croc skull looks very much like Elosuchus? I wasn't aware of such a complete specimen.

Great photos too! Thanks for posting.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Anyime! Glad you guys like them. Agreed! Looks similar to Elosuchus, unfortunately I don’t remember exactly, but almost positive it’s something more recent, post dinosaur era. 

10 hours ago, Masp said:

My thoughts exactly :hearty-laugh:

Were there no inverts on display other than that ammonite - all tucked away in drawers?

Archived