South Carolina Oligocene snorkeling

flyg

1 hour ago, WhodamanHD said:

It’s has been revised again, with the finding of Meglolamna it was found Otodus is a Paraphyl without including Carcharocles. Anyway, Otodus is the currently (for the time being) the proper name.

Thanks. Do you have a link to the current paper?

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

1 hour ago, Ludwigia said:

Thanks. Do you have a link to the current paper?

Yeah Here.

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

So ... my confusion is. Is this immediately the new norm. Or is it simply a hypothesis that is being proposed. Jumping from one to the other seems like semantics at this point. (When understanding the lineage is more important overall) Or when these papers come out does everyone just accept things as they are proposed and move on ?? 

22 minutes ago, Brett Breakin' Rocks said:

So ... my confusion is. Is this immediately the new norm. Or is it simply a hypothesis that is being proposed. Jumping from one to the other seems like semantics at this point. (When understanding the lineage is more important overall) Or when these papers come out does everyone just accept things as they are proposed and move on ?? 

It’s been used frequently in subsequent publications, so the majority of the scientific community seems to  accepts it. That’s until another paper can prove it wrong. This one is based on taxonomy and phylogeny rather than on pure anatomical difference which I suspect is why it’s held on.

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Wow.........great day on the water face down. Id love to join you and share some spots I know inland. I have been looking into buying a kayak or canoe and have been thinking of hitting the Edisto but do not know the area. Give me a ring sometime, would love to meet up.