Miocene_Mason

That’s it! Hope y’all enjoyed!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

How could I forget!?

I found a cookie:D

37ABB4E4-D5A7-4FB0-B5C1-E5C3C27EDD98.jpeg

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

69B3486B-C87E-4AD6-9558-F366F14246B7.jpeg

Happy hunting,

Mason

Okay that’s really it!

Happy hunting,

Mason

If you look a little closer at the dead crabs they are probably just empty shells. A crab will molt it’s shell or shed it’s shell to grow and the first crab shed of the year has begun. There looks to be a lot of small crabs so far this spring which bodes well for the latter part of the crab season this fall. By the way that Symphyeal is a beauty and a rare find for any beach at Calvert Cliffs. Enjoy seeing your reports WhodamanHD.

• I found this Informative 1

2 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

Think this might be my FOTM entry this month

BE713A9D-BE92-4618-9EFB-95F3FBAD48B4.jpeg

I'll vote for it!! Pure SWEETNESS!!!

• I found this Informative 1

Don't know much about history

Don't know much biology

Don't know much about science books.........

Sam Cooke - (What A) Wonderful World

10 minutes ago, SailingAlongToo said:

I'll vote for it!! Pure SWEETNESS!!!

Thanks! Haven’t thought of licking it yet but now that you say that....:D

Happy hunting,

Mason

18 minutes ago, Calvert Cliff Dweller said:

If you look a little closer at the dead crabs they are probably just empty shells. A crab will molt it’s shell or shed it’s shell to grow and the first crab shed of the year has begun. There looks to be a lot of small crabs so far this spring which bodes well for the latter part of the crab season this fall. By the way that Symphyeal is a beauty and a rare find for any beach at Calvert Cliffs. Enjoy seeing your reports WhodamanHD.

Forgot they moult! That’s probably why. I am ready for a good crab season, I’m hungry! Thanks!

Happy hunting,

Mason

23 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Great post thank you and love them teeth. 

Thanks! I rather like them as well:D

Happy hunting,

Mason

1 hour ago, jpc said:

coll.  Thanks for taking us along...storms and all.  Nice little teeth.  

Thanks! 

Happy hunting,

Mason

I will trade you a couple dozen jumbos Crabs for that Symphyeal LOL.

Really cool finds Mason!!! That symphseal is insane! :trilosurprise:

That Shark Tooth Guy there does seem to be an expert for Calvert Cliffs hunting. That’s a mighty collection! 

Thanks for taking us along on this awesome trip, seems like a whole bunch of fun to me (apart for the storm part maybe :P)

And thank you so much for taking that oyster for me! It’s a real beauty! I really appreciate it, very kind of you :) I’ll send you a PM tomorrow about it.

Well done on the hunt!

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

3 hours ago, Calvert Cliff Dweller said:

I will trade you a couple dozen jumbos Crabs for that Symphyeal LOL.

Very tempting, but I think I’ll have to pass on that one:D

Happy hunting,

Mason

2 hours ago, Max-fossils said:

Really cool finds Mason!!! That symphseal is insane! :trilosurprise:

That Shark Tooth Guy there does seem to be an expert for Calvert Cliffs hunting. That’s a mighty collection! 

Thanks for taking us along on this awesome trip, seems like a whole bunch of fun to me (apart for the storm part maybe :P)

And thank you so much for taking that oyster for me! It’s a real beauty! I really appreciate it, very kind of you :) I’ll send you a PM tomorrow about it.

Well done on the hunt!

Max

Thanks!

That’s just what he’s selling, he’s found whole cetaceans!

Oh, and no problem! Rather it be in your collection than be eroded away for none to enjoy!

Happy hunting,

Mason

Okay I lied about it being “really it”, I forgot I found this baleen whale jaw piece on a boulder. 

EF8899DF-C370-4208-9307-751036F31D65.jpeg

E0BA555D-2C28-4FC6-B5BF-7BE137BD2D0D.jpeg

Happy hunting,

Mason

Here’s the Ecphora I bought from Jim

What a purty snail:wub:

C2E60465-A8D7-4E56-85FF-889E6CB7839A.jpeg

FAF30896-08E7-452E-AB06-F1B8ED71F782.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

Happy hunting,

Mason

I love Ecphora, a really nice gastropod and that's a great one! :)

Thanks for the report, very interesting and lots of super photos.

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Great trip report, Mason. I enjoyed the photos of the beach and the storm you had to travel thru. The cow shark teeth are gorgeous, and the Symphyseal is a trip maker. :)

12-2023TFFsig.png.193bff42034b9285e960cff49786ba4e.png

40 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

I love Ecphora, a really nice gastropod and that's a great one! :)

Thanks for the report, very interesting and lots of super photos.

Me too, it pains me every time I see the shattered bits tossed about in the waves. Alas, the poor snail is too fragile. Thanks!

Happy hunting,

Mason

31 minutes ago, old bones said:

Great trip report, Mason. I enjoyed the photos of the beach and the storm you had to travel thru. The cow shark teeth are gorgeous, and the Symphyseal is a trip maker. :)

Thanks! The power of nature is always Awe-inspiring to me, and the luck it’s granted to me even more so!

Happy hunting,

Mason

Great report and finds! Is the Shark tooth guy you soeak of , the gentleman that parks off of Rt 4 and sets up a couple tables with fossils? If it is the same guy, I stopped once and talked to him for a bit.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

2 minutes ago, Darktooth said:

Great report and finds! Is the Shark tooth guy you soeak of , the gentleman that parks off of Rt 4 and sets up a couple tables with fossils? If it is the same guy, I stopped once and talked to him for a bit.

Thanks! Yeah, this is the third time I’ve talked to him. Boy, does he have stories to tell. I’d think they were ole fisherman’s tales if he didn’t have the pictures and the fossils to prove them! 

Happy hunting,

Mason

Lovely finds. I like that hefty oyster and the pristine cow shark symphyseal . The little surprised fish is a hake, most likely Urophycis regia.

G

• I found this Informative 2