Fossilized coral??

ilovethebeatles

I found this different looking rock in a pile of gravel. It appears to have a very different texture and I'm thinking it may be a fossilized coral. I'm new to fossils so feel free to educate me! Thanks! 

IMG_8110.JPG

IMG_8111.JPG

Just weathered coarse grained sandstone with bits of quartz I think. 

Interesting, though. 

And welcome to TFF from Morocco. :)

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

this is a rock I’m afraid, geology produces many textures, and colors. It’s easy to be fooled by all of the variety. In any case it’s always good to pick something up if it makes you wonder, you can always identify it later wether it’s geological or biological. Oh and welcome to TFF from Vermont!

1 minute ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Just weathered coarse grained sandstone with bits of quartz I think. 

Interesting, though. 

And welcome to TFF from Morocco. :)

Thank you so much! :D

1 minute ago, Jazfossilator said:

this is a rock I’m afraid, geology produces many textures, and colors. It’s easy to be fooled by all of the variety. In any case it’s always good to pick something up if it makes you wonder, you can always identify it later wether it’s geological or biological.

Thank you! I'm just starting to get into geology/fossils and I keep thinking everything is special when often times not. I appreciate your response! 

47 minutes ago, ilovethebeatles said:

Thank you! I'm just starting to get into geology/fossils and I keep thinking everything is special when often times not. I appreciate your response! 

I’m sure it’s happened to every member of this forum, Definitely me! Just keep looking and reading, I wish you luck. :)

1 minute ago, Jazfossilator said:

I’m sure it’s happened to every member of this forum, Definitely me! Just keep looking and reading, I wish you luck. :)

Thank you! I appreciate the kind words :)