Purse Park today

SunnySmilodon

I went to Purse today for a few hours and this is what I came up with. Not as impressive as last time, but I still enjoyed my day. I didn't find anything absolutely amazing, but I did find a teeny vertebra piece. 

I am sad though, as I had planned to head to Calvert tomorrow but unfortunately my car began acting up so I had to drive all the way back to RVA. 

1526264840186227480734.jpg

Neat!

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

Purse doesn’t disappoint! It’s a favorite of mine. Congrats on a good hunt. Just curious, did you head to the left or the right of the entrance for most of your trip?

The Hunt for the Hemipristine continues!

~Hoppe hunting!~

Nice finds! Glad you had fun.

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Maybe not as good as your last visit, but still pretty impressive :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

3 hours ago, HoppeHunting said:

Purse doesn’t disappoint! It’s a favorite of mine. Congrats on a good hunt. Just curious, did you head to the left or the right of the entrance for most of your trip?

I typically go to the right, that's where I seem to have the most luck. I need to try left again next time though!

5 hours ago, SunnySmilodon said:

I typically go to the right, that's where I seem to have the most luck. I need to try left again next time though!

Yup the right seems to work best for me too! That’s where I’ve found both my palaeocarcharodons and large Otodus teeth. If you’re looking for huge Gastropod molds, though, you want to head left.

The Hunt for the Hemipristine continues!

~Hoppe hunting!~

Archived