Another Summertime Stumper

Guest Smilodon

That is a very wonderful specimen :) Have you ever found an incisor from one? :drool:

The soul of a Fossil Hunter is one that is seeking, always.

Guest Smilodon
hippo

Tracer, you da man! An attaboy is hereby ordered.

Full details

This one comes from Java, but fossil ones are found in England - thus the paleo climate mention. "They weren't woolly hippos, just hungry hungry hippos."

As with much of my stuff, it was self-collected ........ right off a dealer's table in Tucson

The canines are monstrous and put a good sized sabercat to shame.

post-2027-1250557524_thumb.jpg

I have nightmares

That is really cool, but I can tell you something else about this procurement......

It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my price range! If it doesn't have a masking tape price tag, I can't afford it. :mellow:

Tracer, you da man! An attaboy is hereby ordered.

Full details

This one comes from Java, but fossil ones are found in England - thus the paleo climate mention. "They weren't woolly hippos, just hungry hungry hippos."

As with much of my stuff, it was self-collected ........ right off a dealer's table in Tucson

The canines are monstrous and put a good sized sabercat to shame.

post-2027-1250557524_thumb.jpg

I have nightmares

Smilodon,

I came upon this too late. You should leave a stumper up for a couple of days and not give any hints. The one about it killing a lot of people clinched it.

I've seen some cool stuff from Java - rhino, hyena, sabercat, something like a water buffalo, big croc teeth. I found a hippo tooth at a local flea market for $20 once. Your tooth is in great shape.

I tried to stump a friend who collects fossil ungulate remains with a fossil panda tooth once but he was too experienced.

Archived