I'll keep this short: Are they Spinosaurus verts?
PotentiallySpinosaurus.thumb.jpg.f42250424cbdd044c68eb3a33b98e48e.jpg
It is identified as a composite piece. (Real vertebrae, just not found associated)
(Ifezouane Formation, Kem Kem Basin, Red Sandstone Beds, Aouz, South Morocco)

:D

7 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Photo does not resolve

The seller does not provide any other perspective of the vertebrae, unfortunately. :wacko:

Edit: I did not realize that the photo does is not there! Sorry! Fixed.

2 minutes ago, FossilSniper said:

The seller does not provide any other perspective of the vertebrae, unfortunately. :wacko:

It is not a question of another perspective, but rather that the first and only photo that you have posted for us, unfortunately does not appear, that is, we are not able to see the photo you posted.

Is It real, or it's not real, that's the question!

03.PNG

Just now, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

It is not a question of another perspective, but rather that the first and only photo that you have posted for us, unfortunately does not appear, that is, we are not able to see the photo you posted.

I think I fixed have it, is it visible now?

Yes, we are now able to see the photo. Thanks for fixing the post! :dinothumb:

In my opinion, the extreme concavity of the bottom and side edges of these vertebrae alone is already a strong indication that they may actually be vertebrae of theropods, but I particularly doubt that all these vertebrae have been discovered associated. Besides, I could not help but notice that some of them do not have processes, so we can not be sure if they really belonged to a spinosaurid. Even more coming from this seller who is very skilled at labeling, but not very skilled at proving. And this is what worries me with this seller, for some years he has learned that a vertebra of a Spinosaurus will always be worth much more than a vertebra of an indeterminate theropod.

Given the above, I would feel much more comfortable labeling these 3 vertebrae belonging to an indeterminate theropod, because these vertebrae, if they have no processes, it would be rather imprudent to label or direct them to any kind of genus in particular.

image.png.77e0406ca661bd473a9c86ca13a2a825.png

Already the other 3 vertebrae actually look like spinosaurids, but what worries me is that in Morocco it is very common to fill vertebrae with glue and sand to paste processes.

03.PNG

1 minute ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

In my opinion, the extreme concavity of the bottom and side edges of these vertebrae alone is already a strong indication that they may actually be vertebrae of theropods, but I particularly doubt that all these vertebrae have been discovered associated. Besides, I could not help but notice that some of them do not have processes, so we can not be sure if they really belonged to a spinosaurid.

I don't know if you missed it, but I said they were not associated :) 
I'm glad there are no red flags thus far (except that some of them are missing processes). Thank you for your input!

I think the larger 3 are Spinosaurid would need a better look at the last 3 with different views

19 minutes ago, talon22 said:

Here are a few more photos of the listing..

A huge red flag can be raised here. Composition? Maybe, but the fact is that only with better photos could we know.

image.png.05c6c0f07c4dcdb24bf9bec0bc046bb7.png

And to conclude, these two vertebrae may also be spinosaurids, but the fact is that there appears to be a filling around the base of the neural in both vertebrae, and this bothers me a little, as it is complicated to know if it was just a repair or whether it is a composition to make the vertebras more attractives and "completes".

image.png.4aba0ddeeee9ee612bb5c02134486e3f.png

And to conclude, there are so many red flags, that I believe all these vertebrae together are worth only what the buyer is willing to pay for them.

03.PNG

33 minutes ago, Seguidora-de-Isis said:

And to conclude, there are so many red flags, that I believe all these vertebrae together are worth only what the buyer is willing to pay for them.

That’s all fossils;)

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Archived